Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: MPD 0.21.X stop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After installed the snake oil, when using MPD 0.21.X, the MPD will be in few mins, And the screen will show this process is killed and out of memory. 

But for MPD 0.20, everything is ok 

I am using i5 gen 6th, 8 G for system installation, 8 G for swap, with 8G RAM

The music is stored in a internal SSD

please help
(16-Aug-2019, 03:18 PM)seafoodlover Wrote: [ -> ]After installed the snake oil, when using MPD 0.21.X, the MPD will be in few mins, And the screen will show this process is killed and out of memory. 

please help

Looks like a bug in the player (memory leak). An MPD update should fix this. please bear with me while I finisht he documentations. The next Snakeoil firmware update will include a newer MPD which should fix your problem.

Until then, use the older working version for now.
Hi Kith,

do u need me to generate a diagnostics file? if yes, please tell me how to generate

Ray
(16-Aug-2019, 03:56 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-Aug-2019, 03:18 PM)seafoodlover Wrote: [ -> ]After installed the snake oil, when using MPD 0.21.X, the MPD will be in few mins, And the screen will show this process is killed and out of memory. 

please help

Looks like a bug in the player (memory leak). An MPD update should fix this. please bear with me while I finisht he documentations. The next Snakeoil firmware update will include a newer MPD which should fix your problem.

Until then, use the older working version for now.
(28-Aug-2019, 01:31 AM)seafoodlover Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Kith,

do u need me to generate a diagnostics file? if yes, please tell me how to generate
Instructions here.

But there's no need for now, please bear with me for a few more days and I'll release U7 with a new version of MPD. Will see how it performs then.
Dear kith,

after update to U7, when using MPD 0.21.14, the memory leak still happen, MPD just survive a bit longer than U6,  U6 survives less than a min. U7 survives ~6min, I've send you the diagnostics file by email. Below is the screen cap for your ref.

[Image: image.png]

I can confirm a memory problem.
Code:
[Tue Sep  3 22:23:30 2019] Out of memory: Kill process 1495 (mpd) score 959 or sacrifice child
[Tue Sep  3 22:23:30 2019] Killed process 1495 (mpd) total-vm:16443396kB, anon-rss:7894240kB, file-rss:0kB
What I don't know is the what and the how.

Do you have another DAC besides the SoTM, can you try another DAC and see if the problem is still there?

Also, what music files are you playing - DSD, MP3, FLAC, WAV?

I'll try and recreate this once I know what music you're playing.

Anybody else seeing this?
I play flac, but I don't have another day to test
(04-Sep-2019, 09:12 PM)seafoodlover Wrote: [ -> ]I play flac, but I don't have another day to test
This is pretty weird... I'll run a few tests and see what I can find out.

With your FLAC, did you rip that off a CD yourself? if yes, do you know what compression level is set?
I use EAC to rip the CD by myself at compression level is 0 (no compression), as I said MPD 0.20 works fine on my PC, thanks so much for your help
Just a quick update. Been so busy and stressful lately I havn't find the energy to look into this yet. This is one of the problems that most interests me, and hopefully I can find the time to sit down and deep dive into this. Will let you know once I find anything.
Pages: 1 2