Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Topping-D10-ES9018K2M-PCM384-DSD256-USB-DAC-DSD-XMOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This DAC works fine (DSD native mode) whit Sankeoil?
The price is really attractive...

https://www.ebay.es/itm/Topping-D10-ES90...0005.m1851

[Image: s-l500.jpg]
(16-Sep-2019, 11:59 PM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]This DAC works fine (DSD native mode) whit Sankeoil?
Can't be certain as there're no reported confirmations so far. Ths is using a XMOS USB receiver so the chance of this working is pretty high, but it's still a chance.

Any way to borrow one of this to try first before you buy?

The best system I have experienced is using a 44.1 kHz DAC in non-over sampling mode. The playback is so real, his methods so unorthodox, it completely changes how I look at audio systems now. It is true that you don't need to spend a lot of money to get a world class level sound system.

Honestly, I don't think it's a good idea to just buy any DAC if you want to experiment with DSD. Invest in something that not only sounds "right", but also feels right. And this means no impluse buys. Once you have the right foundations for a good sound system, then tweak Snakeoil to max it out.
(17-Sep-2019, 07:43 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-Sep-2019, 11:59 PM)luiswu Wrote: [ -> ]This DAC works fine (DSD native mode) whit Sankeoil?
Can't be certain as there're no reported confirmations so far. Ths is using a XMOS USB receiver so the chance of this working is pretty high, but it's still a chance.

Any way to borrow one of this to try first before you buy?

The best system I have experienced is using a 44.1 kHz DAC in non-over sampling mode. The playback is so real, his methods so unorthodox, it completely changes how I look at audio systems now. It is true that you don't need to spend a lot of money to get a world class level sound system.

Honestly, I don't think it's a good idea to just buy any DAC if you want to experiment with DSD. Invest in something that not only sounds "right", but also feels right. And this means no impluse buys. Once you have the right foundations for a good sound system, then tweak Snakeoil to max it out.

Trying the livecd.iso I can not see drivers for my dac the topping d50. Does anyone know if there is drivers in the firmware update?