Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Improving error handling when mounted partitions not found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am defining my library partitions using the ip address of my NAS.  During some tidying of network cables, I accidentally plugged my network cable into the 2nd network port of the NAS which has a different ip address to the first port.  During the startup of SnakeOil, it kept giving this error message in the browser.
Quote:REST server is not responding
It tried at least 50 times before finally showing up in the browser, but the music library partitions were not mounted.  Took me a while to realise what had happened and everything went back to normal when I switched the cable back to the 1st network port of the NAS.

Can the error handling be improved so that it tells this dumb user (me!) that the mounted partitions were not found, instead of chasing up on the REST server errors.
(10-Nov-2019, 06:20 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]Can the error handling be improved so that it tells this dumb user (me!) that the mounted partitions were not found, instead of chasing up on the REST server errors.
Hmm. It depends on the nature of the system operation (blocking vs non-blocking)... If it's a blocking call, and there's a problem, the front end (web client) can only see that the REST server is dead. I'll dig deeper into this when I can and see what's wrong.