Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Lsyncd on Snakeoil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any chance to add Lsyncd so that user can easily syn their network driver to local driver?
(28-Dec-2019, 12:40 AM)seafoodlover Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance to add Lsyncd so that user can easily syn their network driver to local driver?
This is a constantly running process, and it constantly monitors the filesystem. as such running this might cause higher latencies for music playback? Especially when MPD or LMS is also constantly monitoring, this just increases the load.

What's your use case for this? Better to just play the files from remote? Or copy it in when needed?
I think you are abs right, I think I will manually syn the internal driver when song is added in NAS
How about a function that allows user to syn a particular folder to the music folder when they needed? no need to monitor. purely manual
(06-Jan-2020, 02:14 PM)seafoodlover Wrote: [ -> ]How about a function that allows user to syn a particular folder to the music folder when they needed? no need to monitor. purely manual
That's kind of what RAM disk play is about. You mount the NAS music media, and then selectively copy files from a particular folder to the RAM. Granted it's not fully automatic.

Having said that, I'll add the syncing as one of the new features once "Gear Isolation" is out. Thumbs Up Remind me just in case I forget.
(06-Jan-2020, 02:32 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-Jan-2020, 02:14 PM)seafoodlover Wrote: [ -> ]How about a function that allows user to syn a particular folder to the music folder when they needed? no need to monitor. purely manual
That's kind of what RAM disk play is about. You mount the NAS music media, and then selectively copy files from a particular folder to the RAM. Granted it's not fully automatic.

Having said that, I'll add the syncing as one of the new features once "Gear Isolation" is out. Thumbs Up Remind me just in case I forget.

is the RAM disk function only available for resisted (donation) user?
(18-Jan-2020, 12:16 AM)seafoodlover Wrote: [ -> ]is the RAM disk function only available for resisted (donation) user?
For the moment, yes. This option will be available in a future 1.2.x version once the feature is deemed working and relatively bug free.

Edit: Pretty sure you already have the activation code to enable all the beta features?