Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: How To Use Another Audio Device In Spotify Client
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(08-Feb-2020, 02:50 PM)OscarH Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve sent you the Spotify console output.

I won’t have access to the snakeoil computer the coming week. When I get back I’ll try the 64-bit install.

Nothing obvious in the logs. Try the 64 bits edition when you can and leave me know how it goes. Probably have to ask the Spotify guys now as this is beyond what I can do.
Just to follow up on this, the problem is solved but still not...

I never managed to get it to work with the gigabyte motherboard.

But, for practical purposes I needed Spotify to be a separate player anyway. So I’ve built another machine using an intel DN2800MT motherboard. With the onboard audio disabled (as is indeed a BIOS feature on that one) Spotify comes out as it should through the USB.
(08-Mar-2020, 04:04 AM)OscarH Wrote: [ -> ]Just to follow up on this, the problem is solved but still not...

I never managed to get it to work with the gigabyte motherboard.

But, for practical purposes I needed Spotify to be a separate player anyway. So I’ve built another machine using an intel DN2800MT motherboard. With the onboard audio disabled (as is indeed a BIOS feature on that one) Spotify comes out as it should through the USB.
I'm almost certain Spotify is hard coded to use the 1st audio device. Hopefully one day I can test out that theory.

The native DSD kernel should fix this (as it will be the only audio device then), but then it doesn't work.

In the midst of setting up a new hypervisor for Snakeoil development so I can't confirm yet this one way or another. Hopefully one day will be able to get to the bottom of this. Tongue

Here's one last thing you can try:
  1. Go into the Snakeoil menu, and select the native DSD kernel.
  2. SSH into your machine
  3. Run the following command
    Code:
    /etc/modprobe.d/audio.conf
  4. Enter the following into the text file
    Code:
    options snd_usb_audio index=0
  5. Save the file (CTRL+X)
  6. Reboot
  7. Go to the player menu and double check your USB DAC is now device 0 (i.e. HW:0,0)
    [Image: usb-as-device-0.png]
  8. Play spotify and hope it works
Pages: 1 2 3