Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Hqplayer on pi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried installing HQplayer NAA on both pi3 and pi4 with no luck. Don't know if there's something special I need to do or if I just install from Snakeoil screen like usual?

I've signed up for a Roon trial and man, this is incredible! Roon bridge works fine but I've been reading that HQplayer could possibly be even better so it would be cool to try it. Any thoughts would be great! Thanks in advance.
(20-Apr-2020, 03:32 AM)mkysimes Wrote: [ -> ]I tried installing HQplayer NAA on both pi3 and pi4 with no luck. Don't know if there's something special I need to do or if I just install from Snakeoil screen like usual?
Ha, the script probably still refers to the Stretch version, whereas you probably need the Buster edition. I have created a ticket to track this problem.
Until this is fixed, you can probably work around this by manually download the deb file, and drop the downloaded file into the install box. Hopefully NAA will work then.

(20-Apr-2020, 03:32 AM)mkysimes Wrote: [ -> ]I've signed up for a Roon trial and man, this is incredible! Roon bridge works fine but I've been reading that HQplayer could possibly be even better so it would be cool to try it. Any thoughts would be great! Thanks in advance.
You probably still need to run HQPlayer 4 on some beefy machine, then play it on the Pi via NAA. I doubt the Pi is powerful enough for the DSP used in HQPlayer.
(20-Apr-2020, 08:36 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-Apr-2020, 03:32 AM)mkysimes Wrote: [ -> ]I tried installing HQplayer NAA on both pi3 and pi4 with no luck. Don't know if there's something special I need to do or if I just install from Snakeoil screen like usual?
Ha, the script probably still refers to the Stretch version, whereas you probably need the Buster edition. I have created a ticket to track this problem.
Until this is fixed, you can probably work around this by manually download the deb file, and drop the downloaded file into the install box. Hopefully NAA will work then.
(20-Apr-2020, 03:32 AM)mkysimes Wrote: [ -> ]I've signed up for a Roon trial and man, this is incredible! Roon bridge works fine but I've been reading that HQplayer could possibly be even better so it would be cool to try it. Any thoughts would be great! Thanks in advance.
You probably still need to run HQPlayer 4 on some beefy machine, then play it on the Pi via NAA. I doubt the Pi is powerful enough for the DSP used in HQPlayer.

Good to know. My server PC barely has the specs to run Roon by itself so I'm guessing that running both would be a problem without an upgrade or two  Sad
Tried uploading deb file and this is what I got...

[Image: Screenshot-20200420-040133-Chrome.jpg]
Pi4 is running 32 bit OS.. I think you need the other arm version - armhf (or something).
(21-Apr-2020, 08:37 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Pi4 is running 32 bit OS.. I think you need the other arm version - armhf (or something).

Yeah, tried that one too. Tried Roon with a variety of stuff so far and to my ears the Snakeoil Roonbridge sounds the most accurate to my ears. No big deal on the Hqplayer thing.....I'm thoroughly enjoying the trip for now Cool