Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Wireless connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to try Snakeoil OS with my Raspberry Pi 3B+ via the wireless connection. Unfortunately, as far as I know wifi is not supported out of the box. Is there any version allowing that feature?
(15-Jun-2020, 02:24 AM)jsp Wrote: [ -> ]I want to try Snakeoil OS with my Raspberry Pi 3B+ via the wireless connection. Unfortunately, as far as I know wifi is not supported out of the box. Is there any version allowing that feature?
Raspberry Pi is a bit different. It does work as the kernel and OS has all the drivers and utilities to make this happen. Just follow the Raspberry Pi docs on how to setup a Wifi connection, and it will be good to go.

Bear in mind though audio quality is going to suffer, but if you're only after something quick and easy, it'll work just fine.
Unfortunately I did not succeed. Can you please consider providing snakeoil os iso with preconfigured wifi? Thanks.
(23-Jun-2020, 12:01 AM)jsp Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately I did not succeed. Can you please consider providing snakeoil os iso with preconfigured wifi? Thanks.
Yes. A future version will allow you to configure WiFi settings directly.
So there is no way of using WiFi on a pc?

I just moved and there is no way of getting an ethernet cable to my listening room
(19-Mar-2021, 10:37 AM)anewmission Wrote: [ -> ]So there is no way of using WiFi on a pc?

I just moved and there is no way of getting an ethernet cable to my listening room

You could use a wi-fi range extender like TP-Link RE220 that allows you to connect via ethernet cable. 

The RE220 connects to your WiFi and your PC connects to the RE220 via an ethernet cable