Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: MinimServer 2.0 for Linux released with starter and full (paid) version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minimserver 2.0 for Linux has just been released with starter and full versions.

For differences between starter and full, see
https://minimserver.com/minimserver2/starter.html

The starter version takes away most of the configurability that makes MinimServer useful. The paid version will cost initially GBP 28 and (ouch!) an annual fee of GBP 10. Full details here
https://minimworld.com/purchase-license.html

The current version 0.8 will continue working, but the optional MinimStreamer module will expire soon.  
------------
From a personal viewpoint, I was previously using MinimStreamer for Convolution, but no longer do so.  The download for version 0.8 from the MinimServer site will be removed soon and I assume, the various Linux distros will follow soon.  In theory, I can continue with 0.8 forever, but not sure whether I can prevent it from being updated.
Not a bad way moving forward for them I guess. He/she may well get a good regular income from it. And that usually means better things to come if this becomes their full time job.
(07-Sep-2020, 09:02 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Not a bad way moving forward for them I guess. He/she may well get a good regular income from it. And that usually means better things to come if this becomes their full time job.

Great!  I'm thinking to build a fanless DIY music storage with minim server inside.  I think Snakeoil is a very good choice. Shy
Someone tried on SNA to add MinimServer but not working.  Agent Kith, please add a ticket to check whether v0.8 MinimServer is still available or whether download script needs to be updated to V2.0.
(23-Sep-2020, 09:39 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone tried on SNA to add MinimServer but not working.  Agent Kith, please add a ticket to check whether v0.8 MinimServer is still available or whether download script needs to be updated to V2.0.
Created a ticket here. Will try and clear them all this long weekend (WA) and release U10 to address some outstanding issues.
Minimserver is working as far as I can tell.

But I will add support for the newer version. Last ticket for Blind Testing Update 10. Hope I can get it out later today and then try and see if I can get started on the kernel custom builder site.