Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: mympd debug and the mpd verbose logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've had to contact the author of mympd as I'm getting some strange behaviour when accessing my nusic through covergrid. They have asked for the mympd debug and the mpd verbose log. Can anyone suggest how I can access these through Snakeoil?
Perhaps you would like to proffer some information that would make debugging your problem possible...?
Quote:I'm getting some strange behaviour when accessing my nusic through covergrid
What is "strange" ?

What version of Snakeoil are you using ?.. What Hardware ??  Have you applied the mpd patch ? Choose and load the version for your hardware.
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Threa...75#pid3475
(23-Sep-2020, 05:15 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you would like to proffer some information that would make debugging your problem possible...?
Quote:I'm getting some strange behaviour when accessing my nusic through covergrid
What is "strange" ?

When you click on a covergrid view to replace or append to the queue it either

Adds the entire database to the queue rather than just the album

Or 

Gives an error message saying ‘)’ expected

What version of Snakeoil are you using ?.. What Hardware ??  Have you applied the mpd patch ? Choose and load the version for your hardware.

Latest version of Snakeoil, have applied the patch.

Running on Gigabyte Brix
(23-Sep-2020, 07:24 PM)d_sperber Wrote: [ -> ]When you click on a covergrid view to replace or append to the queue it either

Or 

This almost sounds like a bug in the client. I will try my best to release U10 this weekend. Let me know then if the problem is fixed then.
(23-Sep-2020, 07:24 PM)d_sperber Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-Sep-2020, 05:15 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps you would like to proffer some information that would make debugging your problem possible...?
What is "strange" ?

When you click on a covergrid view to replace or append to the queue it either

Or 

Latest version of Snakeoil, have applied the patch.

Running on Gigabyte Brix

Yes, I have had that behaviour and it took some experimenting to figure....
I am not home for an extended time so this is best guess from my ancient memory... Wink
Clicking on the artwork added the whole database but clicking on the album title opened the track listing and clicking on the title again allowed me to add to playlist..Ymmv.

Hopefully I can get home this weekend and either confirm or resolve my advice... Smile
(24-Sep-2020, 08:36 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-Sep-2020, 07:24 PM)d_sperber Wrote: [ -> ]When you click on a covergrid view to replace or append to the queue it either

Or 

This almost sounds like a bug in the client. I will try my best to release U10 this weekend. Let me know then if the problem is fixed then.

This behaviour still exists...clicking on an album to add then adds the whole library...Yikes!
The workaround currently is to hold down CTRL and click on the individual tracks which are added.