Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Problem with mounting disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm running 0.13 on a usb stick with an empty sata drive.  I intend to copy all my music to the sata drive.

The Music tab in snakeoil displays the following information:
 FreeFilesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 286G 1.7G 270G 1% /
File SystemNAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 298.1G 0 disk
|-sda1 8:1 0 290.2G 0 part /
|-sda2 8:2 0 1K 0 part
`-sda5 8:5 0 7.9G 0 part [SWAP]
sdb 8:16 1 14.6G 0 disk
`-sdb1 8:17 1 14.6G 0 part

When i tried to mount sda1, the system says my request is ignored because it's already mounted (presumably on /)

does it mean my /media/music is already mounted on this drive and hence i don't have to do anything?

Secondly, I got an error when i tried to browse to the snakeoil music server from my windows machine, is there anything i need to do here?

Thanks
Trung.
(05-Jun-2016, 10:24 AM)c.trung Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I'm running 0.13 on a usb stick with an empty sata drive.  I intend to copy all my music to the sata drive.

The Music tab in snakeoil displays the following information:
 FreeFilesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 286G 1.7G 270G 1% /
File SystemNAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 0 298.1G 0 disk
|-sda1 8:1 0 290.2G 0 part /
|-sda2 8:2 0 1K 0 part
`-sda5 8:5 0 7.9G 0 part [SWAP]
sdb 8:16 1 14.6G 0 disk
`-sdb1 8:17 1 14.6G 0 part

When i tried to mount sda1, the system says my request is ignored because it's already mounted (presumably on /)
So you are using a 300 GB SSD, and a 16 GB USB stick?

It seems you have already installed Snakeoil onto that SSD at some point. To verify that, remove the USB stick, and boot up the computer and see if you're in Snakeoil OS.
(05-Jun-2016, 10:24 AM)c.trung Wrote: [ -> ]does it mean my /media/music is already mounted on this drive and hence i don't have to do anything?
Yes.
(05-Jun-2016, 10:24 AM)c.trung Wrote: [ -> ]Secondly, I got an error when i tried to browse to the snakeoil music server from my windows machine, is there anything i need to do here?
Go to the home tab, and look at the row that says Hostname, note what name it is. From Windows explorer, type \\hostname (e.g. if your hostname is snakeoil, enter \\snakeoil), and then press the enter key.

You should see two shared folders, one says playlist, and the other is music (this is where your music files are).
Thanks Agent_Kith.

Yup, you're right, while i was waiting for a respond, i went through the installation again and realised that was what happening - and yes indeed, you're right, i was installing snake-oil to the sata drive [not an SSD btw] without knowing, the usb stick was just the boot loader.  There you go, i learned something new today.

I'll give the \\hostname ago when the installation is completed.

Regards.
T.