Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: How do you update Snakeoil LMS to the latest version 8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tidal has stopped linking through to my system using LMS after looking at some online forums it looks like I need to be on version 8 of LMS.  How do I update the system so that I am on the latest version of LMS?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this has been answered elsewhere.
(28-Nov-2020, 01:50 PM)PKay Wrote: [ -> ]Tidal has stopped linking through to my system using LMS after looking at some online forums it looks like I need to be on version 8 of LMS.  How do I update the system so that I am on the latest version of LMS?

Download LMS 8.0, and drop it in the install window. That should get LMS 8 up and running..

FWIW, working on next iteration of Snakeoil (code name Gear Isolation) that will be running LMS 8.
(29-Nov-2020, 04:36 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-Nov-2020, 01:50 PM)PKay Wrote: [ -> ]Tidal has stopped linking through to my system using LMS after looking at some online forums it looks like I need to be on version 8 of LMS.  How do I update the system so that I am on the latest version of LMS?

Download LMS 8.0, and drop it in the install window. That should get LMS 8 up and running..

FWIW, working on next iteration of Snakeoil (code name Gear Isolation) that will be running LMS 8.
Thanks Agent Kith, here is my novice question how do I copy across the LMS 8 version?

As a side point I loaded up Roon for my trial and it has found the LMS server so I have been able to play all my music including Tidal using Roon on another computer in the house.  Does that mean it is bypassing Snakeoil?

I also have to find the correct version for my older 32 bit system as well.

(29-Nov-2020, 04:36 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]

These are my options
[Image: image.jpg]

I tried to download LMS 8 and now I have lost Roon  Undecided
[Image: LMS-version-8.png]
found this step in LMS.  Now rescanning library.

[Image: update-LMS-8.png]

LMS 8 has loaded with Tidal files showing up in the library.  Sadly I have lost the connection with Roon.
Lost Roon in LMS? Or Roon can't detect LMS?
(30-Nov-2020, 08:59 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Lost Roon in LMS? Or Roon can't detect LMS?

Roon cannot link or connect to LMS.
Roon goes into this never ending loop looking for LMS.
[Image: Roon-loop.png]
(30-Nov-2020, 06:02 PM)PKay Wrote: [ -> ]Roon goes into this never ending loop looking for LMS.
[Image: Roon-loop.png]
I'm not too familiar with Roon, can you check with Roon and see if they support LMS 8.x? I'm guessing Roon only supports do 7.x.
Thanks Agent Kith,

I have posted request on Roonlabs Forum and will update all when I hear back.

Cheers,
Peter
By unchecking music server Roon is able to see my old Antipodes Box and connect.

[Image: uncheck-music-server.png]