Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Installing Snakeoil on a 2012 Mac Mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm trying to install SO on a 2012 Mac Mini

I'm using the 64 bit ISO (latest version of SO) and use balenaEtcher to make a bootable USB

The Mac has a new SSD in (I've taken out the OSX drive)

When I alt-boot I get 'EFI boot' as the only option, but when I select that I get a grub error

error: disk '' not found
entering rescue mode ...
grub rescue >

When I tried with the OSX disk in I got a similar error that dropped me to the rescue prompt

Any thoughts anyone how I might troubleshoot this?

Many thanks
Sorry, EFI systems continue to plague me. At the moment I'm working on a new installation method that will install over an existing Ubuntu system. That should make it work on your MacOS.. Hopefully I can release an alpha later this month or early next. Hopefully you can wait until then?
(14-Dec-2020, 10:15 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, EFI systems continue to plague me. At the moment I'm working on a new installation method that will install over an existing Ubuntu system. That should make it work on your MacOS.. Hopefully I can release an alpha later this month or early next. Hopefully you can wait until then?

Of course, thank you