Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Radio Firmware update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to update the firmware on my Radio for the longest time, but even with the most recent LMs server installed and following the direction on the community forum, I was still unable to get the radios to see the most recent firmware. Out of curiosity today I decided to install the latest LMS on a windows machine and immediately, upon connection to this server, all the Radios, Touch and Controllers were able to see the firmware and upgrade. maybe something that needs to be looked at.

Thanks

Emile
(24-Jan-2021, 05:14 AM)nappyhead Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to update the firmware on my Radio for the longest time, but even with the most recent LMs server installed and following the direction on the community forum, I was still unable to get the radios to see the most recent firmware. Out of curiosity today I decided to install the latest LMS on a windows machine and immediately, upon connection to this server, all the Radios, Touch and Controllers were able to see the firmware and upgrade. maybe something that needs to be looked at.

Thanks

Emile
Hi Emile,

The LMS that came pre-installed with Snakeoil might be out of date with some of the plugins. What you can do is download the latest LMS nightlies, drag and drop the deb file into the "Install window" in the System page and you should be good to go.
(24-Jan-2021, 09:03 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-Jan-2021, 05:14 AM)nappyhead Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that, running 8.2 now. Radio still doesn't see update and even with the newer version of LMs when looking at the upgrade you only see the old 7.2. I there a way to manually unistall the built-in version of LMs and install a fresh version?

I've been trying to update the firmware on my Radio for the longest time, but even with the most recent LMs server installed and following the direction on the community forum, I was still unable to get the radios to see the most recent firmware. Out of curiosity today I decided to install the latest LMS on a windows machine and immediately, upon connection to this server, all the Radios, Touch and Controllers were able to see the firmware and upgrade. maybe something that needs to be looked at.

Thanks

Emile
Hi Emile,

The LMS that came pre-installed with Snakeoil might be out of date with some of the plugins. What you can do is download the latest LMS nightlies, drag and drop the deb file into the "Install window" in the System page and you should be good to go.
(25-Jan-2021, 05:48 AM)nappyhead Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that, running 8.2 now. Radio still doesn't see update and even with the newer version of LMs when looking at the upgrade you only see the old 7.2. I there a way to manually unistall the built-in version of LMs and install a fresh version?
Hmm. In theory installing LMS 8.2 should uninstall 7.9.x... Can you SSH to your computer, run:
Code:
dpkg -l|grep -i Logitech

And show me the output?
(25-Jan-2021, 07:44 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(25-Jan-2021, 05:48 AM)nappyhead Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that, running 8.2 now. Radio still doesn't see update and even with the newer version of LMs when looking at the upgrade you only see the old 7.2. I there a way to manually unistall the built-in version of LMs and install a fresh version?
Hmm. In theory installing LMS 8.2 should uninstall 7.9.x... Can you SSH to your computer, run:

Code:
dpkg -l|grep -i Logitech

And show me the output?

ii  logitechmediaserver                   8.2.0~1612002633                           all          Streaming Audio Server
(31-Jan-2021, 02:13 AM)nappyhead Wrote: [ -> ]ii  logitechmediaserver                   8.2.0~1612002633                           all          Streaming Audio Server
Yup, that should work. Are you running the same version on Windows? (8.2.0?)

Not entirely sure what the problem is at the moment. Will try and see if I can test this out myself in the coming days.
(31-Jan-2021, 06:18 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-Jan-2021, 02:13 AM)nappyhead Wrote: [ -> ]ii  logitechmediaserver                   8.2.0~1612002633                           all          Streaming Audio Server
Yup, that should work. Are you running the same version on Windows? (8.2.0?)

Not entirely sure what the problem is at the moment. Will try and see if I can test this out myself in the coming days.

Just wondering if you were able to determine why players connected to the latest version of LMS still only see the firmware that with the original version?
(18-Sep-2021, 11:18 AM)nappyhead Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering if you were able to determine why players connected to the latest version of LMS still only see the firmware that with the original version?
What do you mean by this?

Somethings you can try:
  1. Make sure you only have a single LMS running on the network. If you have LMS installed on Windows, stop that service
  2. Uninstall pulseaudio if it's installed on the Snakeoil machine, SSH to your Snakeoil PC, and run the following, then restart the computer
    PHP Code:
    sudo apt uninstall -y pulseaudio