Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Unable to uninstall MinimServer 0.8 to install Minimserver 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's been a long time since I posted here !  Smile

After 2 years running a headless computer 24/7 with Sneakoil OS as music server, I never have any issue. This OS is so stable, just wow, thank Agent Kith!

But now, I have a small issue. I used version 1.1.15 for a while. But Minimserver 0.8 as stop working. So I upload the new version of SnakeOs (1.2) and try to remove it by unchecking Minimserver in Snakeoil tab.

When I click Save button, System Console appear with a white and empty box and nothing happen.

I just want to install Minimserver 2...

Any ideas?

PS
I am using Kernel 4.4.9-rt17-x64-fullnet-20180723

Bob
Hmm. Maybe SSH to your computer, and run

PHP Code:
sudo apt remove -y minimserver 

Then go into the Snakeoil menu and re-install the new version of minimserver? Hopefully that'll work. Unfortunately if you are on Ubuntu 16.04 you might not get a new minimserver... That is out of my control as 16.04 is no longer supported. Your best bet might to install a new OS (20.04) and get it up to "semi-Snakeoil spec" by running the Snakeoil installer.
(31-May-2021, 11:18 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. Maybe SSH to your computer, and run

PHP Code:
sudo apt remove -y minimserver 

Then go into the Snakeoil menu and re-install the new version of minimserver? Hopefully that'll work. Unfortunately if you are on Ubuntu 16.04 you might not get a new minimserver... That is out of my control as 16.04 is no longer supported. Your best bet might to install a new OS (20.04) and get it up to "semi-Snakeoil spec" by running the Snakeoil installer.

Not working, here what I get :
 Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package minimserver

Yes, I am on Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS, Minimserver 2 dont work anymore on Snakeoil? Sorry, I am a little bit confuse, I am a newbie on Linux Smile
The version when u install from within Snakeoil should still do (That's 2.0.15), but I havn't tested it in a while though.

To uninstall manually, try and run just

Code:
sudo rm -rf /opt/minimserver

Are you running 0.8.5.2?
(01-Jun-2021, 11:14 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]The version when u install from within Snakeoil should still do (That's 2.0.15), but I havn't tested it in a while though.

To uninstall manually, try and run just

Code:
sudo rm -rf /opt/minimserver

Are you running 0.8.5.2?

I download minimwatch 2 on my computer, but on my headless/snakeoil, it 0.8.5.2, that what I want to change.

It's work (Uninstalling), but now, when I ckeck Minimserver to install in the app list, System Console appear with a white and empty box and nothing happen...
(01-Jun-2021, 11:27 AM)bobzy Wrote: [ -> ]It's work (Uninstalling), but now, when I ckeck Minimserver to install in the app list, System Console appear with a white and empty box and nothing happen...
Hmm.. I'll have to go back and check... That part of the system hasn't been moved to the new sponsored server just yet so it's stability is questionable.
You said in a previous post than it will not be possible to install Minimserver 2 on Ubuntu 16.04.7 ? If so, I need to reinstall everything? So maybe it why I have this white box...
(02-Jun-2021, 10:26 AM)bobzy Wrote: [ -> ]You said in a previous post than it will not be possible to install Minimserver 2 on Ubuntu 16.04.7 ? If so, I need to reinstall everything? So maybe it why I have this white box...
The early version of 2 should work. The one u install from Snakeoil anyway. Can you press F12 on the browser, make sure you're in the console tab, and try and do an install again? Anything popping up in there?
I check the Minimserver box in Snakeoil tab and I click on SAVE, here what I got :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/783j5vtdlr42hd...e.png?dl=0

Just as reminder, I use a special Kernel (4.4.9-rt17-x64-fullnet-20180723) since I use eth0 and eth1 in bridge mode. Aslo, I think I had install a fix because at the time Snakeoil dont have the network driver by default for my motherboard (Supermicro X10SBA).
(04-Jun-2021, 07:22 AM)bobzy Wrote: [ -> ]I check the Minimserver box in Snakeoil tab and I click on SAVE, here what I got :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/783j5vtdlr42hd...e.png?dl=0

Just as reminder, I use a special Kernel (4.4.9-rt17-x64-fullnet-20180723) since I use eth0 and eth1 in bridge mode. Aslo, I think I had install a fix because at the time Snakeoil dont have the network driver by default for my motherboard (Supermicro X10SBA).
Edit.. Oh, didn't see the bottom of the pages.

Hmm... No errors.. Hmm.. Where are you located? I might need to do a team viewer session with you to remotely troubleshoot what's going on.
Pages: 1 2