Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Cyclictest testing only 2 CPUs; should test all CPUs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, Cyclictest is running only for 2 CPUs.  It should test for all CPUs on system; mine has 4 CPUs.  Also, shouldn't it be running at a much higher priority than the current of 20? I understand it should be at least higher than the highest user priority.

Also, suggest putting info at end of results to run Cyclictest while running under normal music load.  This should give a better indication of the latency of the system.
(08-Jul-2021, 06:42 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]Currently, Cyclictest is running only for 2 CPUs.  It should test for all CPUs on system; mine has 4 CPUs.  Also, shouldn't it be running at a much higher priority than the current of 20? I understand it should be at least higher than the highest user priority.

Also, suggest putting info at end of results to run Cyclictest while running under normal music load.  This should give a better indication of the latency of the system.
At the time setting it to 2 and running at default priority is sort of a baseline. So that folks can compare between machines. This test was conceived from way back when we were trying to find the right hardware and will probably need some updates.

One of the things I really want to do is to run cyclicscope, basically runs through the output and sort it (basically converting the current output which is a function of time, into something more informative - function of frequency).

This way we can see beyond the basic attributes like min/max/median and find something more informative.

Unsure if we will see this in the new UI, but it's still part of my plan to introduce this eventually