Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Abcde - cd ripper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any reason I shouldn't try to set abcde ripper up on my snake oil computer. And as well set up a udev rule to auto start it ripping?

Tnx
Tim
(08-Jul-2021, 08:01 AM)Coacharnold Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any reason I shouldn't try to set abcde ripper up on my snake oil computer. And as well set up a udev rule to auto start it ripping?

I think it should be ok.  I have been experimenting myself with other things but just in case I make a major mistake, I have a Clonezilla backup image.
That's the whole point of a unlocked audiophile PC, with full root access. The system is designed to allow you to do everything you want. Focus for me now is to get the new GUI up, and then a custom RT kernel builder.

Once that is complete then can I move to add new features and what not (first will be cpuset revamp)...

Be interesting to see if there are any benefits with ripping WRT to a RT kernel, and even CPUset. Yes we all know ripping is all buffered, and it's 1s and 0s... but...... does it matter? Big Grin Big Grin Have to find out, in time.
(09-Jul-2021, 08:22 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Be interesting to see if there are any benefits with ripping WRT to a RT kernel, and even CPUset.
I suspect CPUset will improve ripping but I do that on my laptop and prefer to keep my NUC for music only.