Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Best way to run Snakeoil?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a usb dac. Would the sound quality of usb of a thin client still be better than that from a pi?
Pi previous to Pi4 shared the USB and ethernet bus. Pi4 has separate USB and Ethernet.

Both Pi and Thin-clients are computers and Snakeoil the player...they serve bits to your USB DAC.

The DAC will have more bearing on SQ than the type of computer used.

What Thin-client are you contemplating ? Does it come complete with Ram, SSD, and power supply ? otherwise you will have to source those. $$$
(05-Aug-2021, 04:51 AM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Pi previous to Pi4 shared the USB and ethernet bus. Pi4 has separate USB and Ethernet.

Both Pi and Thin-clients are computers and Snakeoil the player...they serve bits to your USB DAC.

The DAC will have more bearing on SQ than the type of computer used.

What Thin-client are you contemplating ? Does it come complete with Ram, SSD, and power supply ? otherwise you will have to source those. $$$

Sorry for late reply - was away most times.....

The thin client i am contemplating is the HP T520 with 4GB ram and 16GB SSD. It comes with a brick power supply.

I hope this will sound better than the rpi4?
Pages: 1 2