Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Usage Tips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to learn and find my way around. I haven't used LMS or Snakeoil or a PI as a streamer before.

I can clearly hear the more relaxed sound of the LMS/Squeezelite (ralph) combo. Is there a way i can make it even more relaxed? My system can be bright and i want to tame the voices a little.

I a using tidal and spotify and a few local files. Is the LMS web browser the best way to control whats playing. Like this?
[Image: lms.jpg]

thanks!
(08-Aug-2021, 06:28 PM)Jimmy99 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to learn and find my way around. I haven't used LMS or Snakeoil or a PI as a streamer before.

I can clearly hear the more relaxed sound of the LMS/Squeezelite (ralph) combo. Is there a way i can make it even more relaxed? My system can be bright and i want to tame the voices a little.

I a using tidal and spotify and a few local files. Is the LMS web browser the best way to control whats playing. Like this?
Usually the things I use to tackle brightness are:
1. Experiment with different interconnects (USB cables, signal cables, power cables, etc)
2. Toe out the speakers more, adjust your seating position distances and find that sweet spot
3. Move the speakers away from the side and back walls if you have a big room. You'll be surprised how much better the sound stage is (this may reduce the bass response though, but YMMV). If you can't do this, then use sound treatments (I use absorption panels). Unlike others, I do this at the 3rd or 4th reflection points. Tongue
4. If you are not using DSD, try switching between FLAC and WAV and find which one you prefer.

As for LMS web browser, I use an android app. But you can change the skins to make that portal more usable, an example is here.

Happy listening!
Thanks, good advice, forced me to stop looking at the software and re examine my setup as i have been moving furniture and changing power cords etc over the last few weeks. I have spent a lot of time measuring and setting up and treating my room but for some reason that i cant explain, my speakers are toed in. I never set them up like that. I straightened them up and resolved it.

My beryllium tweeters are like laser beams when aimed at your head Smile