Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Can snakeoil use kkbox streaming?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Agent Kith can snakeoil use kkbox streaming and if so, what is the way to do this?

In oz we can't use kkbox unless we use VPN. can snakeoil use vpn?
Please note that SnakeOil has music servers and players, not specific music services.  Some music players e.g. LMS has plugins to music services e.g. Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz.

Hence, you have to find a plugin for KKBox. And you have to install your own VPN.
(15-Aug-2021, 11:06 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]Please note that SnakeOil has music servers and players, not specific music services.  Some music players e.g. LMS has plugins to music services e.g. Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz.

Hence, you have to find a plugin for KKBox. And you have to install your own VPN.

Thanks Snoopy. I will do some research on the music players.

For the VPN, how do VPN works with snakeoil os? Is that a plugin too?
(15-Aug-2021, 12:53 PM)fliptoback Wrote: [ -> ]For the VPN, how do VPN works with snakeoil os? Is that a plugin too?
Not something I have done, but perhaps this may help?
https://averagelinuxuser.com/linux-vpn-server/

SnakeOil allows you to customise, but you will obviously need to support the customisations yourself. Agent Kith has occasionally helped people out, but he has limited capacity.
(15-Aug-2021, 01:12 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-Aug-2021, 12:53 PM)fliptoback Wrote: [ -> ]For the VPN, how do VPN works with snakeoil os? Is that a plugin too?
Not something I have done, but perhaps this may help?
https://averagelinuxuser.com/linux-vpn-server/

SnakeOil allows you to customise, but you will obviously need to support the customisations yourself. Agent Kith has occasionally helped people out, but he has limited capacity.

Thanks Snoopy. Yes I understand now this is an external thing to snakeoil os. Originally I thought snakeoil os has the in-built ability to support VPN but via plugins. Thanks for the clarification.