Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: upmpdcli not playing to usb audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I seem to have fixed this issue myself, so this is more for reference in case others run into the same problem.

System: Rpi4 - Snakeoil OS 1.2.1 (Gear Isolation U1) - UPMPDCLI - BubbleUPNP (Android)

Issue:
- BubbleUpnp shows UpMpd as correct device. However, there's no audio output from the Pi even when BubbleUpnp was playing

Looking further on SnakeOil OS Music Player - Audio State, it looks like the Pi actually was playing audio, but to the wrong output. In my case, it was playing to bcm2835 Headphonehw:0,0, where as it was supposed to play to USB Audio as set on the configuration screen.

Solution:
I've tried reinstalling upmpdcli through ssh to no avail. The trick seems to be setting the default audio output device as USB Audio through ALSA config.

I followed this guide (https://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2019/0...pberry-pi/) and then rebooted the Pi. That have fixed my issue for now.

Hopefully it helps someone.

Note: this method seems to default to 48kHz sample rate from ALSA, so the search continues.