Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: [split] I2S I-Sabre V3 DAC ESS ES9023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
please can you help me to add I2S  I-Sabre V3 DAC ESS ES9023 (for rasptouch from Audiophonics)

with sudo nano /boot/config.txt
# Uncomment some or all of these to enable the optional hardware interfaces
#dtparam=i2c_arm=on
#dtparam=i2s=on
(08-Feb-2021, 02:19 AM)NormAudio Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
please can you help me to add I2S  I-Sabre V3 DAC ESS ES9023 (for rasptouch from Audiophonics)

#dtparam=i2c_arm=on
#dtparam=i2s=on
Hi Norm,

Snakeoil OS is not locked down. You can SSH into your Pi and modify these settings yourself.

Having said that, I am going to focus more on Pi from now on, and parts of that will include inline modification of /boot/config.txt from the webapp.. Have already ordered some of the parts for this, but because of COVID, it will probably take another 30+ days for 'em to get here.
(08-Feb-2021, 07:25 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-Feb-2021, 02:19 AM)NormAudio Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

#dtparam=i2c_arm=on
#dtparam=i2s=on
Hi Norm,

Snakeoil OS is not locked down. You can SSH into your Pi and modify these settings yourself.

Having said that, I am going to focus more on Pi from now on, and parts of that will include inline modification of /boot/config.txt from the webapp.. Have already ordered some of the parts for this, but because of COVID, it will probably take another 30+ days for 'em to get here.

hello, i allready tried but no change
I also tried dtoverlay but no change neither:
Code:
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
Code:
and also dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
(15-Feb-2021, 01:31 AM)NormAudio Wrote: [ -> ]hello, i allready tried but no change
I also tried dtoverlay but no change neither:
Code:
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
Code:
and also dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac
Hmm. Can you:
  1. Generate a diagnostic file and send it to me?
  2. Use another micro-sd card and use normal Buster image, is your DAC working in that setup?
hello agent kith,

Can't boot on buster image: only multicolor screen)!
can boot with "snakeoil-armv7l-1.1.0"image, but I2S dac not found . i genarated the diag file, but impossible to download it: only circles (blue/red/yellow turning
I tried to updateversion 1.11: OK, but always impossible to download diag file
Thanks for your time :)
You're using Raspberry Pi 3 I assume?
(22-Feb-2021, 10:57 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]You're using Raspberry Pi 3 I assume?

Hello,
Yes you're right, it is a Pi 3
(07-Mar-2021, 02:28 AM)NormAudio Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
Yes you're right, it is a Pi 3
Unfortunately I only have Pi4s at the moment. Will try and see if I can dig up a Pi 3 somewhere.

Until then, can you cut and paste /boot/config.txt and put it here? Thanks.

Also, when you are at the 3 spinning circles, can you press F12, click on the console tab, and then do a screencap of the console error messages? Interested to see what the problem is.
try in /boot/config.txt both...
Code:
dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac

and
Code:
dtparam=audio=off
 the second turns off the onboard audio=Pi 3.5mm out.