Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Rpi4+AlloDigiOne sig. Snakeoil os installation problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank you @uglymusic  , I found your posts about this problem . As I understand AK I must try previous version Raspberry OS , 32-bit , armv7 , "All RaspberryPi models" compatibility. I'll try this later today and post the result.Greetings from Serbia.
(01-Sep-2023, 01:07 PM)Luke 38 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you @uglymusic  , I found your posts about this problem . As I understand AK I must try previous version Raspberry OS , 32-bit , armv7 , "All RaspberryPi models" compatibility. I'll try this later today and post the result.Greetings from Serbia.

Good luck. It works for me on RPi 4 (I don't think I've had to do it on any of my 3s yet). I used the next latest version of Raspberry Pi OS 32-bit, which doesn't have the latest Linux kernel. I've also found this page which appears to have earlier versions of Raspberry Pi Imager - https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-imager/releases - which may be the easiest way to proceed.

Coincidentally, I run an Allo DigiOne Signature, too. I love it!
Problem solved , music is playing.Installed Raspbian OS Buster Lite 32bit Gnu/Linux 10 armv71 (2022.) Kernel 5.10.103-v71+ and after that SO.

I had the same problems like  @miksi : installing samba more than 2 hours  and LMS problem installing . But at the end SO is installed and work flawlessly.

Does it make sense  to upgrade Kernel version through SO?
As I understand 64bit Kernel will work on 32bit OS ... or maybe I didn't understand well? 

@uglymusic : Allo DigiOne signature + Shanti rules Smile
(04-Sep-2023, 12:01 AM)Luke 38 Wrote: [ -> ]Does it make sense  to upgrade Kernel version through SO?
As I understand 64bit Kernel will work on 32bit OS ... or maybe I didn't understand well? 
Glad you got this working. Apologies for being MIA as I'm still flat out at work.. 

You cannot upgrade different architecture kernels through SO as the system will check for CPU architecture. i.e. Snakeoil will block the install of a aarch64 kernel as your current Pi OS is detected as a armv7.

Having said that if memory serves technically this is doable as I have done something similar a long time before. But I statically include all drivers into the kernel (no kernel modules).
Pages: 1 2