Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Prefer default of "do not subscribe" when posting on forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Currently, the default is "Subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies" when posting. I often forget to change this when posting (and then have to delete subscription, PMs etc).  As a frequent poster, I would prefer "Do not subscribe to this thread" as the default.
(04-Jul-2022, 07:25 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]Currently, the default is "Subscribe and receive PM notification of new replies" when posting. I often forget to change this when posting (and then have to delete subscription, PMs etc).  As a frequent poster, I would prefer "Do not subscribe to this thread" as the default.
That should be the default, however I can't confirm/verify this as cannot access the admin portal from work. My current setting is set to "Do not subscribe", and I havn't touched this since inception. I'm relying on alerts as that is a better mechanism for me personally.

You can go to your control panel (User CP), click on "Edit Options" under "Your Profile". Look for the "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" dropdown and change it to "Do not subscribe".

Will have to remember and double-check this setting when I get home later today. Stopping auto sending emails is going to save me some outgoing bandwidth.
Finally found it...  Thank you.