Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Snakeoil Installer- 1.2.6 (Gear Isolation U6)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(16-Jun-2023, 08:58 PM)sadays Wrote: [ -> ]arch linux sound are better for example archphile dasetero r1 audio ropieee
Not at this stage as I'm flat out with my day job. I think this is the first time I have to check on the forums in the past 7 days. Sad

Good thing is the project is now open sourced, so you or anybody can support patch requests (or even a fork) to an archlinux build. Better yet if somebody can help with the kernel builder, as that is still one of the main contributor to sound quality.
sorry,

my linux knowledge is poor Cry
(17-Jun-2023, 03:46 PM)sadays Wrote: [ -> ]sorry,

my linux knowledge is poor Cry
It's ok. Others will hopefully come in and contribute. That's the hope a open source project will bring. Otherwise this project will die with me Sad
Friends! Here is complete happiness:
- installed from scratch Ubuntu-server 22.04 LTS Minimal install
- install realtime kernel: (sudo apt install -y linux-realtime)
- Install Snakeoil installer 1.2.6
- Update snakeoil firmware tot 1.2.12

Don't forget select the realtime kernel within Snakeoil
(07-Jul-2023, 10:40 PM)Valery Wrote: [ -> ]Friends! Here is complete happiness:

Congratulations!  How do you find the sound, pal? Big Grin
The thought came unexpectedly. As the Russians say: "God gave"
(08-Jul-2023, 02:29 PM)Valery Wrote: [ -> ]The thought came unexpectedly. As the Russians say: "God gave"

Cool, Enjoy!  Smile
(07-Jul-2023, 10:40 PM)Valery Wrote: [ -> ]Friends! Here is complete happiness:

Hmm....wonder if this would work with Rpi? Haven't tried an Ubuntu install in a while but read somewhere that realtime kernels and Rpi take a bit of extra code to work properly. Would be great if it was this simple.
(10-Jul-2023, 01:08 PM)mkysimes Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm....wonder if this would work with Rpi? Haven't tried an Ubuntu install in a while but read somewhere that realtime kernels and Rpi take a bit of extra code to work properly. Would be great if it was this simple.
There is no armv8 build for Snakeoil OS yet. You'll need this for Ubuntu Rpi I believe.

Existing v7 installer might work if Ubuntu is backwards compatible with v7.. But unfortunately yet to confirm/test this out.
Just successfully done one nuc and when I try the second the same way I get a checksum error, redownloaded everything and did it again but still happening. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13