Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Snakeoil Firmware - 1.2.7 (Gear Isolation U7)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(10-Sep-2022, 09:34 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-Sep-2022, 11:50 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]Now, I fresh install 1.2.6 and install 1.2.7 FW successfully. Before fresh install, there no shows "pulse audio" bar in 1.2.7 FW.
So MPD is working for you now?
(07-Sep-2022, 11:50 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]Now the Minor issue is myMPD app:
1. I set Homescreen's home icon which is disappear after reboot
Don't understand what you're saying :p, can you rephrase your problem in another way?
(07-Sep-2022, 11:50 PM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]2. myMPD auto generated "Smart playlist" always shown even I disable auto-gen function before.
Newer versions of myMPD changed the way it's configured (no longer relying on a config file now). I'll get back to you on how to manually disable this from the CLI later today (yet to try but this should be possible). I also hate smart lists. Big Grin

the MPD playing fine, good sound! thanks first!

In myMPD, I set/pin some button e.g. "Playlist", "Album Artist", "File system" to Homescreen page like shortcuts.

When I fresh install 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 FW, then I set again those button to homescreen but not work when reboot.

Thanks! Big Grin
(16-Sep-2022, 01:09 AM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]When I fresh install 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 FW, then I set again those button to homescreen but not work when reboot.
Think Not sure about that one. Does your snakeoil PC get a new IP after reboot? I'll be busy for the next few weeks with work related stuff so can't test this right now. Maybe next week when I can, will get back to you on that.

In the mean time, hopefully others can chime in.
(15-Sep-2022, 08:21 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-Sep-2022, 04:28 AM)misko1989 Wrote: [ -> ]for me 1.2.7 did not work. i am using upmpdcli. after i reverted back to 1.2.5, everything works perfectly as always... hope this feedback helps somehow...
Upgrading to latest version of Ubuntu should make it work again. There is this library (a software package) called glibc, and newer versions of this will not run on older systems.

This is kind of the reason why Snakeoil has moved away from ISO and go with an installer for new installs. Because software keeps changing and it's difficult and time consuming to make the player work on both new and old operating systems.

You can update your Snakeoil PC by running: sudo do-release-upgrade

And follow the prompts. (Best to research on the Internet for full instructions if this is something you havn't done before)

I did as you said. After that I had to do 1.2.6 installer and after that did upgrade to 1.2.7. And same problem again. I use foobar on my pc to play using upmpdcli on my snakeoil os nuc. When I play some track it just doesn't start playing. It is stuck at 0:00. Everything was working perfectly till 1.2.5. Now I cannot revert back to 1.2.5 with ubuntu 22 installed. I have also tried reinstalling all the players and that also did not help.
I will send you diagnostics file to email if you can please check when you have time.

[Image: Screenshot-20220917-212914-Chrome-2.jpg]

Edit:

in addition, i have this:

[Image: cpu.jpg]
(18-Sep-2022, 03:34 AM)misko1989 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-Sep-2022, 08:21 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-Sep-2022, 04:28 AM)misko1989 Wrote: [ -> ]for me 1.2.7 did not work. i am using upmpdcli. after i reverted back to 1.2.5, everything works perfectly as always... hope this feedback helps somehow...
Upgrading to latest version of Ubuntu should make it work again. There is this library (a software package) called glibc, and newer versions of this will not run on older systems.

This is kind of the reason why Snakeoil has moved away from ISO and go with an installer for new installs. Because software keeps changing and it's difficult and time consuming to make the player work on both new and old operating systems.

You can update your Snakeoil PC by running: sudo do-release-upgrade

And follow the prompts. (Best to research on the Internet for full instructions if this is something you havn't done before)

I did as you said. After that I had to do 1.2.6 installer and after that did upgrade to 1.2.7. And same problem again. I use foobar on my pc to play using upmpdcli on my snakeoil os nuc. When I play some track it just doesn't start playing. It is stuck at 0:00. Everything was working perfectly till 1.2.5. Now I cannot revert back to 1.2.5 with ubuntu 22 installed. I have also tried reinstalling all the players and that also did not help.
I will send you diagnostics file to email if you can please check when you have time.

[Image: Screenshot-20220917-212914-Chrome-2.jpg]

Edit:

in addition, i have this:

[Image: cpu.jpg]

May I know the reason keep using foobar rather than the built-in mpd?  It's convenient and most importantly, mpd produces better sound.
(18-Sep-2022, 08:24 AM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]May I know the reason keep using foobar rather than the built-in mpd?  It's convenient and most importantly, mpd produces better sound.
I was, for many years, a passionate Foobar2000 user and refused to shift because it could do everything. However, when I got a SOtM SMS-200, it blew the blindfold away with Mpd and LMS. There is a downside. I have been chasing rabbits ever since... Baeh
(18-Sep-2022, 04:03 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-Sep-2022, 08:24 AM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]May I know the reason keep using foobar rather than the built-in mpd?  It's convenient and most importantly, mpd produces better sound.
I was, for many years, a passionate Foobar2000 user and refused to shift because it could do everything. However, when I got a SOtM SMS-200, it blew the blindfold away with Mpd and LMS. There is a downside. I have been chasing rabbits ever since... Baeh

Coincidentally, Foobar2000 was my favorite player and then some other players in Windows, until, I found MPD in Linux in 10 yrs ago. Big Grin
Maybe it was not clear , so let me explain:

I have my regular everyday pc with win10 and foobar and my music collection. That pc , using foobar as controller is using upmpd output and plays music on another pc - intel nuc which has only snakeoil os and upmpdcli is used as a player. 

Upmpdcli
(18-Sep-2022, 06:44 PM)misko1989 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it was not clear , so let me explain:

I have my regular everyday pc with win10 and foobar and my music collection. That pc , using foobar as controller is using upmpd output and plays music on another pc - intel nuc which has only snakeoil os and upmpdcli is used as a player. 

Upmpdcli
 Yes,  you are using Foobar as the UPnP server and upmpdcli as the UPnP renderer.  But have you tried other UPnP servers like MinimServer? LMS can also work with the UPnP bridge plugin. What software you use as the UPnP server does affect the sound.

​​​​​But better still, use Mpd on the NUC and use your Win PC as a file server.
(17-Sep-2022, 05:11 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-Sep-2022, 01:09 AM)cenz Wrote: [ -> ]When I fresh install 1.2.6 and 1.2.7 FW, then I set again those button to homescreen but not work when reboot.
Think Not sure about that one. Does your snakeoil PC get a new IP after reboot? I'll be busy for the next few weeks with work related stuff so can't test this right now. Maybe next week when I can, will get back to you on that.

In the mean time, hopefully others can chime in.
About IP address, I already set static IP in router, so no problem for me at this moment, just also cannot set MTU in Snakeoil OS.

Thank you so much Kith
(19-Sep-2022, 08:44 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-Sep-2022, 06:44 PM)misko1989 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe it was not clear , so let me explain:

Upmpdcli
 Yes,  you are using Foobar as the UPnP server and upmpdcli as the UPnP renderer.  But have you tried other UPnP servers like MinimServer? LMS can also work with the UPnP bridge plugin. What software you use as the UPnP server does affect the sound.

​​​​​But better still, use Mpd on the NUC and use your Win PC as a file server.

didn't want to bother with minim because this was easiest and very comfortable. simple and convenient.

i have tried mpd with one song copied and yes! - at least i heard music through speakers again. if i could only mount my network shared music folder... cant make it work. not sure what to put for media, mount point, type... tried everything. 

[Image: Capture.jpg]

upload foto online
Pages: 1 2 3