Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Hoo to Install/Enable encoder: vorbis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All~~

How in install/enable encoder: vorbis?? When I change the MPD configure file to enable HTTP Stream, it will output an error about the encoder now found

Error message

Code:
**** MPD (0.23.5)

server_socket: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed (continuing anyway, because binding to '[::]:6600' succeeded): Failed to bind socket: Address already in use
exception: Failed to configure output in line 359; No such encoder: vorbis

Setting added in mpd.conf.template

Code:
audio_output {
type            "httpd"
name            "My HTTP Stream"
encoder         "vorbis"                # optional, vorbis or lame
port            "8000"
format          "44100:16:1"
}

Thanks Thanks
(18-Sep-2022, 04:47 PM)mola Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All~~

How in install/enable encoder: vorbis?? When I change the MPD configure file to enable HTTP Stream, it will output an error about the encoder now found

Error message

Code:
**** MPD (0.23.5)

server_socket: bind to '0.0.0.0:6600' failed (continuing anyway, because binding to '[::]:6600' succeeded): Failed to bind socket: Address already in use
exception: Failed to configure output in line 359; No such encoder: vorbis

Setting added in mpd.conf.template

Code:
audio_output {
type            "httpd"
name            "My HTTP Stream"
encoder         "vorbis"                # optional, vorbis or lame
port            "8000"
format          "44100:16:1"
}

Thanks Thanks
Take out vorbis and try again? Does that work? Or do you specifically want libVorbis codec?
Not specifically want libVorbis codec. I just want stream to mobile and listen at outside with same playlist

It does not work when remove vorbis. Follwing is the output when change from encoder "vorbis" to encoder ""

Code:
**** MPD (0.23.5)

exception: Failed to configure output in line 359; No such encoder:

The result when change encoder "vorbis" to encoder "lame"

Code:
**** MPD (0.23.5)

exception: Failed to configure output in line 359; No such encoder: lame

Seems haven't include encoder in MPD Think
(20-Sep-2022, 11:24 AM)mola Wrote: [ -> ]Not specifically want libVorbis codec. I just want stream to mobile and listen at outside with same playlist

It does not work when remove vorbis. Follwing is the output when change from encoder "vorbis" to encoder ""

Code:
**** MPD (0.23.5)

exception: Failed to configure output in line 359; No such encoder:

The result when change encoder "vorbis" to encoder "lame"

Code:
**** MPD (0.23.5)

exception: Failed to configure output in line 359; No such encoder: lame

Seems haven't include encoder in MPD Think
Yes, they aren't included. Try flac or wave. These are the only two encoders that's enabled.
Got it. Thanks agent kith Thanks