Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Allo Boss Dac i2s working...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have my Modi3 usb dac working on snakeoil 1.28 and decided to try and get my Allo original Boss dac working (a raspberry pi hat dac). At first in the Output devices section of the Music Player only a generic MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 (hw:2,0) was listed as a possible output - and although mpd was starting no sound followed. After some checking around I discovered that I needed to add "dtoverlay=allo-boss-dac-pc,512x-audio-slave" to the end of confix.txt in /boot/. Rebooted the pi and now in the Output Devices section of web app I had "Boss DAC HIFI pcm512x-hifi-0 (hw:3,0) - Native streaming Mode. I selected it and started mympd and sweet sounds started playing.  I continue to be surprised by the sophistication of the programming of the snakeoil os web app. And my dac's have never sounded so good. Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this project.

John

Note: NextDrive Spectra usb dac also works in Native Streaming Mode
(27-Sep-2022, 06:27 AM)criminalzen Wrote: [ -> ]is oled dispaly on allo boss2 player for you on snakeoil

I have my Modi3 usb dac working on snakeoil 1.28 and decided to try and get my Allo original Boss dac working (a raspberry pi hat dac). At first in the Output devices section of the Music Player only a generic MAI PCM i2s-hifi-0 (hw:2,0) was listed as a possible output - and although mpd was starting no sound followed. After some checking around I discovered that I needed to add "dtoverlay=allo-boss-dac-pc,512x-audio-slave" to the end of confix.txt in /boot/. Rebooted the pi and now in the Output Devices section of web app I had "Boss DAC HIFI pcm512x-hifi-0 (hw:3,0) - Native streaming Mode. I selected it and started mympd and sweet sounds started playing.  I continue to be surprised by the sophistication of the programming of the snakeoil os web app. And my dac's have never sounded so good. Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this project.

John

Note: NextDrive Spectra usb dac also works in Native Streaming Mode