Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: upmpdcli unable to start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SnakeOil 1.2.8 on Ubuntu 20.04

Through a series of mishaps (don't ask!), I went back to a backup version of SO which was on 1.2.6, and updated SO firmware.  Uninstalled and re-installed upmpdcli (to get latest version).  Upmpdcli gives the following error message when I try to start it:

Executing: cd /var/www;bash "/var/www/players/upmpdcli/stop.sh"
(06-Dec-2022, 01:33 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]SnakeOil 1.2.8 on Ubuntu 20.04

Through a series of mishaps (don't ask!), I went back to a backup version of SO which was on 1.2.6, and updated SO firmware.  Uninstalled and re-installed upmpdcli (to get latest version).  Upmpdcli gives the following error message when I try to start it:

Executing: cd /var/www;bash "/var/www/players/upmpdcli/stop.sh"
Hmm. that's an interesting one. Can you generate a diagnostics file and send that over to me? I think the sequence is when you click on Apply, the logic is to stop the player as it runs, and then start it. But becoz it wasn't running in the first place, it errors out. 

What happens when you restart the OS? Does upmpcli start up fine then?
(07-Dec-2022, 04:18 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. that's an interesting one. Can you generate a diagnostics file and send that over to me? I think the sequence is when you click on Apply, the logic is to stop the player as it runs, and then start it. But becoz it wasn't running in the first place, it errors out. 

Diagnostic file sent. Rebooting does not solve problem.
(07-Dec-2022, 06:29 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-Dec-2022, 04:18 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. that's an interesting one. Can you generate a diagnostics file and send that over to me? I think the sequence is when you click on Apply, the logic is to stop the player as it runs, and then start it. But becoz it wasn't running in the first place, it errors out. 

Diagnostic file sent. Rebooting does not solve problem.
Got your file.. Will be going out tonight to meet up with an ex class mate of mine. But hopefully can look deeper into this on Sunday. Will let you know once I find out what's going on.
Problem resolved in 1.2.9. Thank you.