Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: No IP address when boot finished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello

I installed the cryo iso on an Asrock J1900 tiny motherboard. Everything went well except that I don't get any IP address at the end so impossible to reach snakeoil with a webinterface. The dac is seen so no issue on that side.
The Pc is working well with Daphile or Tinysqueeze so the Lan is fully working on others OS.

Any idea ?

Thanks

David
(12-Sep-2016, 06:28 AM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]hello

I installed the cryo iso on an Asrock J1900 tiny motherboard. Everything went well except that I don't get any IP address at the end so impossible to reach snakeoil with a webinterface. The dac is seen so no issue on that side.
The Pc is working well with Daphile or Tinysqueeze so the Lan is fully working on others OS.

Any idea ?

Thanks

David
The board uses a Realtek RTL8111GR. I'd have to go back and check if it's supported by the Snakeoil kernel. Will get back to you on this later tonight when I get back home.
(12-Sep-2016, 09:11 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-Sep-2016, 06:28 AM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]hello

Any idea ?

Thanks

David
The board uses a Realtek RTL8111GR. I'd have to go back and check if it's supported by the Snakeoil kernel. Will get back to you on this later tonight when I get back home.

Hello

Thank you. the motherboard is exactly the Asrock J1900 mini thin ITX

thanks again

David
(12-Sep-2016, 02:47 PM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. the motherboard is exactly the Asrock J1900 mini thin ITX

thanks again
The LiveCD should work with your realtek chip. I can't really find the exact model of your board for some reason, but if it has more than 1 NIC input, use only LAN1.

A model of the J1900 has a IPMI management interface. Don't plug the network cable into that as that's for remote KVM.
(12-Sep-2016, 07:37 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-Sep-2016, 02:47 PM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. the motherboard is exactly the Asrock J1900 mini thin ITX

thanks again
The LiveCD should work with your realtek chip. I can't really find the exact model of your board for some reason, but if it has more than 1 NIC input, use only LAN1.

A model of the J1900 has a IPMI management interface. Don't plug the network cable into that as that's for remote KVM.
the model is this one : http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900TM-ITX/

it has only one Lan
(12-Sep-2016, 08:34 PM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]the model is this one : http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900TM-ITX/

it has only one Lan
that's the Q1900TM, it's using a Qualcomm NIC. You'd need to update the kernel of your LiveCD to get it to work.

Go here and download the file vmlinuz-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-qualcomm.tar.bz2, you'd need a special archiver program to decompress a tar.bz2 file. I think winrar should do the trick.

Expand the file you've downloaded. You should get the following two files:
config-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-qualcomm
vmlinuz-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-qualcomm

In your USB stick there will be a boot folder. Inside this folder is a file called vmlinuz. Replace this file with the downloaded vmlinuz-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-qualcomm. 

Boot the modified LiveCD and see if the NIC is detected now.
(12-Sep-2016, 08:51 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-Sep-2016, 08:34 PM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]the model is this one : http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900TM-ITX/

it has only one Lan
that's the Q1900TM, it's using a Qualcomm NIC. You'd need to update the kernel of your LiveCD to get it to work.

Go here and download the file vmlinuz-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-qualcomm.tar.bz2, you'd need a special archiver program to decompress a tar.bz2 file. I think winrar should do the trick.

In your USB stick there will be a boot folder. Inside this folder is a file called vmlinuz. Replace this file with the downloaded vmlinuz-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-qualcomm. 

Thank you. I'll try this and let you know about the result.
(13-Sep-2016, 02:53 AM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]

it has only one Lan

should I rename vmlinuz-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-qualcomm in vmlinuz ? or should I just copy it and remove the vmlinuz file before and without rename it ?

(13-Sep-2016, 06:42 AM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-Sep-2016, 02:53 AM)menkar38 Wrote: [ -> ]

it has only one Lan

should I rename vmlinuz-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-qualcomm in vmlinuz ? or should I just copy it and remove the vmlinuz file before and without rename it ?

by the way this vmlinuz file is under the folder named casper and not boot ...
Yes rename the downloaded vmlinuz file to /casper/vmlinuz (my bad on getting the folder wrong).
(13-Sep-2016, 09:31 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Yes rename the downloaded vmlinuz file to /casper/vmlinuz (my bad on getting the folder wrong).

ok i did it but still no IP adress after snakeoil fully installed
Pages: 1 2