Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Unable to disable myMPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've inserted the text remote=off in MPD options and pressed save to disable myMPD but Remote remains active even after restarting the device as you can see in the capture. What am I doing wrong?
[Image: Screenshot-2023-02-10-02-05-25.jpg]
(10-Feb-2023, 09:17 AM)mb32 Wrote: [ -> ]I've inserted the text remote=off in MPD options and pressed save to disable myMPD but Remote remains active even after restarting the device as you can see in the capture. What am I doing wrong?

Just remove it.

[Image: Screenshot-20230210-212823-2.png]
I'm not registered yet so I can't access the graphical interface.
I've tried "sudo apt purge mympd" but there is not such package
(10-Feb-2023, 09:17 AM)mb32 Wrote: [ -> ]I've inserted the text remote=off in MPD options and pressed save to disable myMPD but Remote remains active even after restarting the device as you can see in the capture. What am I doing wrong?

To completely remove MyMPD ("warning warning Will Robinson" this will remove MyMPD from SO) use,

Code:
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/mympd

( what is it you are trying to do ? if you disable or remove MyMPD then are you no longer going to use MPD ?  if so just turn MPD off- blue box in your screenshot)
Otherwise why not register and get access to the additional GUI settings.
I'm interested in using MPD though UPnP from my LMS server, so i'm never going to use myMPD. Just trying to free the player from not used processes in case it might improve the Pi's perfomance.
(11-Feb-2023, 07:20 AM)mb32 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm interested in using MPD though UPnP from my LMS server, so i'm never going to use myMPD. Just trying to free the player from not used processes in case it might improve the Pi's perfomance.

I see, makes sense. Although I don't believe the myMPD process  is  started until the remote is activated. You can check with

Code:

It is a very minimal amount of code and probably there would be no advantage in removing it and if you don't hit the remote button then there won't be any processes started.