Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Uglymusic's house of hi-fi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welcome to my house full of hi-fi. It's about time I told you about it now that I have Snakeoil OS running everywhere I can.

The digital side leans heavily on Raspberry Pis. I have a Raspberry Pi 4 server with a Linear Power Supply, running Logitech Media Server, connected to a Synology DS218+ NAS drive with all my music files.

My main system has a Raspberry Pi 3 with an Allo Digione Signature, Linear PSU and an SMSL M300 Mk2 DAC feeding Colin Wonfor Custom Single-Ended Class A Monoblocks (these are 30WPC/8ohm solid state amps). These amps are unique and built for me. The loudspeakers are Royd RR3s, designer Joe Ackroyd’s swansong, matched with a REL Strata active sub. I’m waiting for a custom linear PSU for the streamer and the DAC.

My office system has an RPi 3 and IQaudio DAC feeding a Tellurium Q Atom power amp with Colin Wonfor (the amp’s designer) modifications post-manufacture. The speakers are Q Acoustics 2020i. I should have a better DAC in there, but you can't do everything!

I have a headphone system with a Raspberry Pi 3 and HiFiBerry Digi+ feeding an M2Tech Young DAC with Linear PSU. I use a TQ Listen Pre-amp with a solid state SECA headphone amp with Sennheiser HD599 Special Edition headphones.

The bedrooms and kitchen all have single Sonos Ones or Play 1, and there’s a garden system with a weatherproofed RPi 3/Innomaker Amp-DAC with unspeakable outdoor speakers. That’s shut down until spring arrives. I'll get better speakers when these ones succumb to the elements.

That’s about it, except there’s a bathroom system more-or-less ready to install sometime soon. My wife is not very impressed with my idea of installing a system in the hallway, so I think I may have run out of places to put music  [Image: confused.gif]  

Everything is fed from the RPi 4 server with LMS (no Sonos app or anything). In addition to our own music on the NAS, we stream Qobuz, Spotify and Radio Paradise using LMS plugins.
Noice!

I always dream of a multi-room music setup. But I only have 2 rooms - living room and bedroom... Now I know of a potential third room: bathroom.

And that's not a bad idea actually. Been so stressful lately, maybe I should do some relaxing hot water baths while listening to music (we actually never used the tub since we are living here for the past 13+ years)...
(27-Feb-2023, 05:17 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]Noice!

I always dream of a multi-room music setup. But I only have 2 rooms - living room and bedroom... Now I know of a potential third room: bathroom.

And that's not a bad idea actually. Been so stressful lately, maybe I should do some relaxing hot water baths while listening to music (we actually never used the tub since we are living here for the past 13+ years)...

My wife used to tease me that why I keep spending time and money to improve the sound, yet I just fall in sleep before the 1st song of the playlist ends ...... so I hope you guys won't get tragedy in your bathroom.