Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Upgrade from Ubuntu 10.04 to ubuntu 23.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI folks,

I've asjed this a couple times and have not fgotten a clear yes or no answer.  I'm going to try again:

Can I do a sytem upgrade from Ubuntu serber 20.04 to 23.04 without breaking snake-oil?

YES or NO?

Thanks

T
Unless someone here has done it, no one knows! 

Suggest you take a backup copy e.g. using Clonezilla of instance before you try it.  That way, you can switch back quickly, should you find a problem.

Which brings me to something that I am observing happening more often.  There is a trend for people to ask for support outside of the official footprint.  As everyone knows, AK is severely stretched for time.  If you want to try something yourself, you need to be prepared to do the work yourself. Backup your system. Search and learn how to use commands.
There are plenty of tutorials for upgrading Ubuntu server 20.04 to 22.04 and I have done just that before installing Snakeoil.
As Snoopy says, make a back-up and try.

As for an upgrade from 20.04 to 23.04.....23.04 is not released yet :-)
(11-Mar-2023, 07:38 AM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]As for an upgrade from 20.04 to 23.04.....23.04 is not released yet :-)
Beta versions of 23.04 have been available for a while. Ubuntu 23.04 is slated for release on April 20th, 2023.
Would personally stick to LTS as that's usually more stable. Next upcoming LTS release would be 24.04 LTS I believe.

Having said that, do try out 23.04 and see if it is any good in terms of sound quality...

You can usually do an inplace upgrade by running:
Code:
do-release-upgrade

Unsure if you'll get to update to 23.04 if you're already on a LTS release though.