Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: New to snakeoil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've had a self built vortexbox server for years...and updated when needed.,or when wanted. But Vortexbox isn't really supported anymore...and it's based on an old version of Fedora.

currently I installed a fresh Ubuntu 22 server on my tester laptop, and installed snakeoil. I go to the ip address...and I just get a pretty spinning circle.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? 

The site address shows : http://localhost/cgi-bin/AudioPlayer
(28-Mar-2023, 11:18 PM)theribdoctor Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a self built vortexbox server for years...and updated when needed.,or when wanted. But Vortexbox isn't really supported anymore...and it's based on an old version of Fedora.

currently I installed a fresh Ubuntu 22 server on my tester laptop, and installed snakeoil. I go to the ip address...and I just get a pretty spinning circle.

I think if you could list your steps will be helpful to understand your situation.  Cheers.
(28-Mar-2023, 11:26 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-Mar-2023, 11:18 PM)theribdoctor Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a self built vortexbox server for years...and updated when needed.,or when wanted. But Vortexbox isn't really supported anymore...and it's based on an old version of Fedora.

I think if you could list your steps will be helpful to understand your situation.  Cheers.

I installed ubuntu 22.04

scp'd the latest sh file to the test server.

ran the sh

rebooted and tried going to localip

I just get the spinning wheel.
Can you please provide more details about your laptop hardware. And are you using virtualisation software like VirtualBox or something similar?  Did you install the full Ubuntu 22.04 Server, or minimal version?  

Without details, we are only guessing.  ​​​​​​The more details you provide, including the actual commands that you use, the quicker we can help.
sorry, It's a Dell Studio 1558 with an 74.5GB HD. 
Processor
Intel Core i5-520M 2 x 2.4 - 2.9 GHz, Arrandale
Graphics adapter
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) HD Graphics, 8.15.10.1968
and a whopping 4GB of memory.
oh and the battery is dead.

I used Balena Etcher on my Windows 11 laptop to put Ubuntu Server 22.04 on it..and full install not minimized.

I'm hardwired no wifi, using entire disk as lvm.

I'm wiping and redoing it....

first step I'll ssh to it running an update and upgrade....and then I'll winscp to it 

copy this to the home:    snakeoil-installer-x86_64-1.2.6.sh (Size: 114.35 MB / Downloads: 566)
(SHA1: c0d0ab9b8d64e3f6a0d495f974679b511b87ca0c)

will run a sudo bash and the file name and then reboot it..

any other suggestions?

When doing Ubuntu install, use full version and  enable SSH server.
(29-Mar-2023, 08:23 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]When doing Ubuntu install, use full version and  enable SSH server.

done. it's currently installing the snakeoil blob.

(29-Mar-2023, 08:24 AM)theribdoctor Wrote: [ -> ]
(29-Mar-2023, 08:23 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]When doing Ubuntu install, use full version and  enable SSH server.

done. it's currently installing the snakeoil blob.

so did all that, rebooted...and this is what happens when I go to the loalhost

[Image: snakeoil.png]
SnakeOil runs as a headless server and you should be able to login at the command line level on the laptop.

You cannot bring up the SnakeOil page on laptop; instead use another computer or your phone and enter the IP address of the SnakeOil instance.
(29-Mar-2023, 08:51 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]SnakeOil runs as a headless server and you should be able to login at the command line level on the laptop.

You cannot bring up the SnakeOil page on laptop; instead use another computer or your phone and enter the IP address of the SnakeOil instance.

on my other pc i get the spinning logo
(29-Mar-2023, 09:01 AM)theribdoctor Wrote: [ -> ]on my other pc i get the spinning logo
During install process, did you come across a screen which ask you for a response. You need to tab to say "yes" or "ok". Sorry, this is not documented in Wiki and it has been sometime since I did an install.

And also try clearing cache and cookies on browser. Try another browser as well.
Pages: 1 2 3