Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Raspberry Pi and Hifiberry DAC Pro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recently I revisit back my ARMs server, RPi 2, and it is to my pleasant surprise that this little combo sounded fantastic! Especially when we spent our hard earn investment into a $25k Accuphase DAC-950, $5k for computer server, .....!

The overall cost is no more than $200, may be you guys should have ago?

Enjoy the journey!

[Image: 410b189c8d185b5c4ebdc5bbd3824d4a.jpg]
[Image: 744659926a7dfe518b22a6abcb427de8.jpg]
[Image: 274fc178e28c41f15238d4f4426b172b.jpg]
Hoping for a Snakeoil Pi in the future [Image: kiss.png].

Looking at things that probably has to wait till Christmas if not later.
Thi Picore-Player is pretty darn good! I still have your old RPi 1 here with me, may just be using that with picoreplayer, and the server as LMS to a switch power by JZolla.

Btw - I have just bought this switch for my BBB and RPi as squeezelite player only to DDDAC and Accuphase DC-950.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252457021715
Any thought of this Agent Kith?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-Sep-2016, 08:00 AM)Chanh Wrote: [ -> ]Thi Picore-Player is pretty darn good! I still have your old RPi 1 here with me, may just be using that with picoreplayer, and the server as LMS to a switch power by JZolla.
If you still have the image in the RPi1 can you check if it's using a realtime kernel? Run "uname -a" and see if there is the word RT in there.

(30-Sep-2016, 08:00 AM)Chanh Wrote: [ -> ]I have just bought this switch for my BBB and RPi as squeezelite player only to DDDAC and Accuphase DC-950.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252457021715
Any thought of this Agent Kith?!
very hard to say as the only way to test things is to try it out. Good things about it: 
  1. support jumbo frames
  2. DC input
  3. metal case
Bad thing is I have no idea if the switching capacity of 10 Gbit/s (that's 5 ports going full steam uploading/downloading 1 Gbps of data in both directions). Most switches are slow, which can be a problem.

Since you are only connecting BBB to RPi you don't need a switch (forwards data from 1 port to another port). You can use a cross-over cable and connect the two directly (this way you reduce a potential speed issue but you lose the isolation).

If you want isolation, one thing you can potentially try is this (I havn't tried this myself yet).
I will check later and reporting back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk