Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: No device audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Zdzisław Oracz <[email protected]>

28 maj 2023, 08:33

do Theng
previously it showed me name and code in this place, but that's not important, I don't have sound after installing 1.2.6. First when i install ubuntu 22.04 there is sound after installing snakeoil and patch 1.2.13
[Image: obraz.png]
o output devices I've been doing this all day yesterday and nothing please help
So things were working fine with 1.2.6, but only stopped working after update to 1.2.13. That's interesting... 

Can you update to 1.2.6 FW (link) and see if audio devices are back again?
Hi, problem is hp620 terminal hp630 no device audio after install snakeoil software , after install ubuntu 22.04 device is ok.
I installed on 2-3 devices.
You can install Ubuntu 16 version then sound and sound devices are ok
But then mpd does not work.
ssh into snakeoil and run
Code:
alsamixer
What does it show as playback device/s ?

(You may need to use sudo)
Code:
sudo alsamixer
if alsamixer is not found with either then run
Code:
sudo apt install alsa-utils
reboot and try to open alsa again.

If alsamixer does not find any internal audio devices (and you have no USB audio devices connected ?) then reboot and hold down F10 as the HP thin-client boots and that will get you into the BIOS settings. From memory, navigate to the far right and in device menu check that the internal audio is enabled.
(12-Aug-2023, 10:05 AM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]ssh into snakeoil and run
Code:
alsamixer
What does it show as playback device/s ?

(You may need to use sudo)
Code:
sudo alsamixer
if alsamixer is not found with either then run

[Image: Screenshot-2023-09-26-at-19-59-23-Snakeoil-OS.png]

Code:
sudo apt install alsa-utils
reboot and try to open alsa again.

If alsamixer does not find any internal audio devices (and you have no USB audio devices connected ?) then reboot and hold down F10 as the HP thin-client boots and that will get you into the BIOS settings. From memory, navigate to the far right and in device menu check that the internal audio is enabled.

alasa mixer works but still no effect
Your alsamixer shows the default device as  spdif output.
The options show HDMI out and the Generic intel 3.5mm jacks for line out or headphone.
Can you get audio from the line or headphone sockets if you choose those ?
What about a USB DAC, can you connect one and rerun alsamixer then select it and check for audio ?

Once a working output is found then it can be saved as default.