Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: snakeoil always refuse connecting from vnc viewer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard snakeoil os is integrated with VNC, why snakeoil always refuse connecting from vnc viewer?  I used IP:1 port
(07-Oct-2023, 11:11 AM)clark8888 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard snakeoil os is integrated with VNC, why snakeoil always refuse connecting from vnc viewer?  I used IP:1 port
VNC only activates when you're using a player with graphical UI, e.g. HAPlayer. Otherwise VNC is disabled.

If you want shell access simply use SSH for a remote shell session to the Snakeoil machine. This service is enabled by default, but can also be disabled manually or via the Snakeoil WebApp.
(08-Oct-2023, 10:52 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-Oct-2023, 11:11 AM)clark8888 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard snakeoil os is integrated with VNC, why snakeoil always refuse connecting from vnc viewer?  I used IP:1 port
VNC only activates when you're using a player with graphical UI, e.g. HAPlayer. Otherwise VNC is disabled.

If you want shell access simply use SSH for a remote shell session to the Snakeoil machine. This service is enabled by default, but can also be disabled manually or via the Snakeoil WebApp.

something wrong:  

**** 2023-10-15T10:33:21
**** QQ Music

Starting VNC Server
Start Player: cd /var/www;  /var/www/players/qqmusic/init /var/www/players/qqmusic 2>&1;/usr/bin/vncserver -localhost no 2>&1;

New Xtigervnc server 'aoc-GB01:1 (root)' on port 5901 for display :1.
Use xtigervncviewer -SecurityTypes VncAuth,TLSVnc -passwd /root/.vnc/passwd aoc-GB01:1 to connect to the VNC server.

=================== tail /root/.vnc/aoc-GB01:5901.log ===================
[mi] mieq: warning: overriding existing handler (nil) with 0x558c71214400 for event 2
[mi] mieq: warning: overriding existing handler (nil) with 0x558c71214400 for event 3
xrdb: No such file or directory
xrdb: can't open file '/root//.Xresources'
Terminated
=========================================================================

Session startup via '/root/.vnc/xstartup' exited with status 143!

Maybe try something simple first, e.g.,
    tigervncserver -xstartup /usr/bin/xterm
The X session exited with status 143!
Killing Xtigervnc process ID 1051... success!