Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: ZimaBoard 2x NIC, 2x SATA, 2x USB, 1x PCIe-4x
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(20-Jan-2024, 05:14 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, AK, did you install ubuntu server and SO on this new gear?  From the web info there is hpet inside.  And it can let ubuntu installed and run on it as normal pc.  And how about the latency?
Thanks  Big Grin
I hope to finally set this up and running soon. Maybe next weekend, will update u guys when I have the chance.
(21-Jan-2024, 03:20 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-Jan-2024, 05:14 PM)hkphantomgtr Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, AK, did you install ubuntu server and SO on this new gear?  From the web info there is hpet inside.  And it can let ubuntu installed and run on it as normal pc.  And how about the latency?
Thanks  Big Grin
I hope to finally set this up and running soon. Maybe next weekend, will update u guys when I have the chance.

Thanks, take your time, sir. Smile
(02-Dec-2023, 07:13 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-Nov-2023, 08:28 PM)patricia1066 Wrote: [ -> ]@agent_kith I installed SO on the cheapest beelink on Amazon and of course it's overkill for LMS but it is the bees knees 😍 for puddletag using x-forwarding.
There's nvme m.2 slot populated with 500g and a sata 2.5 cage. 16G RAM.
Beelink S Mini N100 for £166
I have a Beelink GR9. Love the Beelink products. Newer models have thunderbolt port and that will enable PCI-e output. These units will be a beast for DSP (amongst other things).

Unsure why but just couldn't find any coupons or discounted prices on this during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale on aliexpress. Maybe it's because I'm a n00b but missed the boat entirely on getting a second unit. Sad
I dont recommend beelink S Mini N100 for wifi as Ubuntu 23.10 has no driver for the AX101 - oddly 22.04 connected immediately. Its possible to connect using forum patches, but ethernet is better anyway if its practical.
(06-Mar-2024, 08:49 PM)patricia1066 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont recommend beelink S Mini N100 for wifi as Ubuntu 23.10 has no driver for the AX101 - oddly 22.04 connected immediately. Its possible to connect using forum patches, but ethernet is better anyway if its practical.
I always disable BT and Wifi on my playback device. Objectively or subjectively I just find SQ is worse with it. Even with wired network cards I find Intel in general to be better than Realtek. <- Having said that I switched to an Intel SFP and that is actually better than wired.

However, with the ZimaBoard I will have to go with a USB SFP solution. Going to test that versus the onboard Zima and see what i preferred. That's the plan anyway, yet to fire the Zimaboard up. Seems the entire world keeps introducing some hurdles every day for me to jump through. :/
Pages: 1 2