Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: How to upgrade to low latency kernel on Pi OS(Debian bookworm)?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-Feb-2024, 12:18 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Plenty of add-on devices that slave the Pi to their clock..Allo, HiFiBerry et al.
Pi 4 and above have more than enough resources for good audio.
Though somehow a modest X86/amd64 device (NUC, Thin-client etc) have the better resolution for me.
I'm hoping to get a Pi 5 with a PCI-e interface to a USB with it's own clock... To slave the timing of USB comms to that card rather than to Pi's SoC implementation... NUC, thin-clients have also came a long way and I'm not surprised they will have better resolution. And going to do a similar setup with my Zimaboard too..

It'll be like an apples vs oranges comparison when I have this ready. Big Grin Big Grin
(13-Feb-2024, 11:16 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-Feb-2024, 12:18 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]Plenty of add-on devices that slave the Pi to their clock..Allo, HiFiBerry et al.
Pi 4 and above have more than enough resources for good audio.
Though somehow a modest X86/amd64 device (NUC, Thin-client etc) have the better resolution for me.
I'm hoping to get a Pi 5 with a PCI-e interface to a USB with it's own clock... To slave the timing of USB comms to that card rather than to Pi's SoC implementation... NUC, thin-clients have also came a long way and I'm not surprised they will have better resolution. And going to do a similar setup with my Zimaboard too..

It'll be like an apples vs oranges comparison when I have this ready. Big Grin Big Grin

@agent_kith Would something like this work work with SO? https://thepihut.com/products/mini-rtc-m...spberry-pi
Pages: 1 2