[SOLVED] no ip on nuc10i3
(12-Apr-2021, 07:46 PM)Tecko Wrote: What I learned on LMS forum is that Tidal plugin can not play MQA. And most high resolution audio is MQA. So that is the reason whyu everything is cd quallity.
I think MQA is a waste of time, and an attempt by a few to take over the entire music chain to enrich themselves at all our expense.

I can get as good SQ with my own CD quality files compared with the so called HiRes Tidal MQA. Tidal MQA often use better masters or increases the volume to give the impression that it is better than the same CD quality track. And DSD is better than anything Tidal can serve, but that is for another debate...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snoopy8's post:
  • hkphantomgtr

(12-Apr-2021, 07:46 PM)Tecko Wrote: What I learned on LMS forum is that Tidal plugin can not play MQA. And most high resolution audio is MQA. So that is the reason whyu everything is cd quallity.
Good to know. I honestly did not know that.

With Covid I have not have access to new music library for a year. I usually fly to HK to buy my CD/SACDs. I've not touched a new album in a year and so actually am going to look into streaming for my own consumption in the coming weeks/months.

(12-Apr-2021, 08:26 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: I think MQA is a waste of time, and an attempt by a few to take over the entire music chain to enrich themselves at all our expense.

I can get as good SQ with my own CD quality files compared with the so called HiRes Tidal MQA. Tidal MQA often use better masters or increases the volume to give the impression that it is better than the same CD quality track. And DSD is better than anything Tidal can serve, but that is for another debate...
I wasn't that into SACD/DSD before, but am sold on this medium now. It is more "life-like" IMO. Now I listen almost exclusively to DSD. And finding new love with my SACD player again (after I fixed my power). This preference kind of limits my streaming choices (prob none will compare to DSD), but ... when a man is desperate, something is still better than nothing.. LOL
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Snoopy8

(16-Apr-2021, 08:10 AM)agent_kith Wrote: I wasn't that into SACD/DSD before, but am sold on this medium now. It is more "life-like" IMO. Now I listen almost exclusively to DSD. And finding new love with my SACD player again (after I fixed my power). This preference kind of limits my streaming choices (prob none will compare to DSD), but ... when a man is desperate, something is still better than nothing.. LOL
Apologies for going off topic...

It was DSD which drove my quest for dual outputs. Took me quite a while to get there, but it is now working well.

(06-Apr-2021, 02:34 AM)Tecko Wrote: Trying to install Amarok. WIth putty and by snakeoil I get the same errors:

Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Package amarok is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Package 'amarok' has no installation candidate

Install finished with errors
Unfortunately Amarok is no longer available for Debian systems 19.04 on wards. And it's not coming back in 20.x and beyond. Being abandonware it's not going to get updated. I'll remove this from future versions of Snakeoil and also update the wiki that it's not available any more.

(04-Apr-2021, 08:23 PM)Tecko Wrote: I try to install bubbleupnp server. Got the next installation errors (is it not available yet?)
They have changed the install method, hence unavailable.

Have updated the install script for Beta 3 and it should work. I couldn't test it as I'm trying to conserve my Internet quota. Can't really test this to confirm as I need to download ~411Mb of stuffs. Need to conserve my Internet quota just in case (Western Australia is in a 3 day COVID lockdown, and there's always a chance it may be extended).

Confirming BubbleUPnP Server installs and uninstalls with no problems in Beta 2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snoopy8's post:
  • agent_kith