The XiaoMi Gateway is a quirky device. It is a multi-function device acting as:
- A Zigbee gateway (Zigbee is a protocol that allows you to connect multiple low power, wireless devices for home automation. Read more here.)
- A speaker allowing you to play recorded sounds, or acts as Internet radio streamer playing only Chinese stations.
- An ambient light sensor (tells you how bright the surrounding is).
- it also has a ring of light around its edges (can be used for notification, or as a nightlight)
A Word From Our Sponsors
Comment from: Diogo Visitor
in point 5, with version 2.66.2, I needed to press 5 times, or more, not in the blank area above the version, at the bottom of the screen
Thanks. Have updated the article.
Comment from: Juan Visitor
I dont understand step 2. How can i do this step?
Hi Juan, which step 2 are you referring to? Can you tell me the page # of the article you’re having problems with?
Comment from: MALCOLM Visitor
Hi I cant find the password field in the latest version of the gateway 3.3.10_117 there is now a security PIN password General Settings > Security. Is this the same value??
Mac address and IP details can now also be viewed in a different menu General Settings > Network Info
No. The process has changed slightly, but it’s the same logic.
- Go into the Mi Home App
- Go into Xiaomi Gateway
- Tap on the … at the top right corner
- Tap "About"
- At the bottom, you should see "Plug-in versin: xxx.xxx.xx"
- Tap that repeatedly and two more options will pop up
- Type "Wireless communication protocol"
- Turn "Wireless communication protocol" on
- That password you see below is your API key (Everything after "Passwrd:"