This is how I position my gateway - high up on a wall for improved visibility.
Register Gateway to XiaoMi
As with everything XiaoMi, first we need to register the device to MiHome system.
- Add the gateway to your MiHome
- Click the … icon in the top left corner:
- Update to the latest Firmware if there is one:
- Now return to the previous screen and click About:
- Tap the blank area 5 times. As per user comment, if running a later version, tap the bottom of the screen multiple times:
- You should see these extra menu items (shown in Chinese for some reason), click the menu marked with the arrow:
- Copy down the password:
- Go back to the previous menu, and click the menu marked with the arrow:
- Find and copy down the mac address. This field starts with mac= and is a unique identifier (e.g. 34:CE:00:00:00:00):
- You now have everything you need to register your gateway to your Hass setup. Before we do that, for now register all your Zigbee devices for this gateway now (little gadgets like Temperature/Humidity Sensor, power plug, mono switches, etc)
Comment from: Diogo Visitor
in point 5, with version 2.66.2, I needed to press 5 times, or more, not in the blank area above the version, at the bottom of the screen
Comment from: Member
Thanks. Have updated the article.