Posted by Agent Kith on 15 Oct 2018 in Home Automation
Linking Google Assistant To Home Assistant 0.80 and above
Linking The New oAuth App
It’s time to reconnect.
- Go back to the ‘Setup‘ page, and tap ‘New Devices‘.
- Select your Actions For Google app from the list. It should have the [test] prefix.
- A new browser will pop up asking you for your Home Assistant Login credentials and click ‘Next’.
- Wait a few moments, and all the supported devices from Home Assistant will appear in Google Home
- You can assign devices to rooms if you like to make things easier
- Test any voice command. Everything should work as before now.
And that’s it. I hope this quick tutorial helps. If in doubt, always refer to the official Home Assistant Documentation. You probably will have to do this because they keep making breaking changes all the time!
Comment from: Flav Visitor
Comment from: Agent Kith Member
This works for me both on the phone and Google home. e.g.
turn on the lights in the [room name].
What voice command did you try to do?
Hey there. Ok for assistant on my phone but Google home does not works anymore… Any help appreciated !