One of the most powerful feature of Snakeoil is the ability to easily upgrade your Snakeoil machine by uploading firmwares and modules. Modules/firmwares can change how the computer behave, and thus may influence the sound quality. And you do all this via the easy to use web interface - no need to master Linux at all! Just watch the video at bottom of post.
This is the interim firmware for the next release (havn’t decide on a code name yet). To apply this firmware upgrade you’d need a computer that’s already pre-installed with Snakeoil OS. You also need to to apply the activation code to enable the beta features.
Download Snakeoil 0.1.4-prelease firmware (05 May 2016)
This firmware will work on 32 bit Snakeoil computer only.
Click on Full Story to see changelog.
What’s new since 0.1.3 (Cable Lifter):
- Fixed Squeezelite extras bug [Found by a.dent] (Added: 26 May 2016)
- Fixed bug where kernel boot option is not read properly [Found by JD1](Added: 26 May 2016)
- After kernel upgrade, text now correctly says reboot is in the system tab [Found by JD1] (Added: 26 May 2016)
- Filename has a new string, i686 for 32 bit firmware, and x86_64 for 64bit (Added: 26 May 2016)
- Firmware and Kernel upgrade are now well tested and made available to the normal users now (available in System tab). (Added: 21 May 2016)
- You can install deb files now from the Snakeoil tab (Added: 21 May 2016)
- Repo code.google.com no longer available. As such, added new Squeezelite from Ralph Irving. v1.8 may be removed for the final version (Added: 21 May 2016)
- Support HQPlayer’s NAA and Plex’s PlexMediaServer, requires manuall installation (Added: 21 May 2016)
- System tab now moved to the 2nd last(Added: 21 May 2016)
- Multiple web back end stability fixes (Added: 21 May 2016)
- Split Home Tab into two: Home and System (Added: 15 May 2016)
- Theme switching support (in System tab). Current 3 themes: Default, Blue on White and Grey on White(Added: 15 May 2016)
- Fixed a bug where squeezelite can’t lock memory (prevents swapping) and set priority of output thread (Added: 15 May 2016)
- Added option to clear the system cache. Available in the Home tab, click the Clear Cache button to reinitialise the cache. May be useful if you leave the machine running for a long time (e.g. > 3 hours), or after a database rescan.
- When you click the Shutdown Machine button above, the browser will re-direct to the snakeoil website after 5 seconds.
- Changed the button colour (to the snake oil drop colour)
- Changed all references of register to activate
- Make some cosmetic changes to the user interface
- For people who has activated their snakeoil machine, you now have the ability to adjust kernel boot up options.
Don’t know how to upgrade the firmware? Just follow this video.
No feedback yet
Form is loading...