From the official BubbleUPnP website (circa 20 Nov 2019), BubbleUPnP Server provides:
- Secure and bandwidth friendly Internet access to your home UPnP/DLNA Media Servers
- OpenHome compatibility to your UPnP/DLNA Media Renderers
- Optimized transcoding to Chromecast for playing non natively supported formats
- Ability to make your Chromecast an UPnP/DLNA renderer for broad compatibility with UPnP/DLNA control software
- Ability to fix some issues in UPnP/DLNA Media Servers by creating proxies
It can run on any machine of your local network where Java 7 or higher is available (Java 8+ recommended).
Some functionality requires Android BubbleUPnP while other functionality is entirely standalone.
BubbleUPnP Server is not an UPnP/DLNA media server: it does not index your media.
Support added from Blind Testing U8 (1.1.8) onwards. For amd64 (64 bits) and i686 (32 bits). RaspberryPi edition unknown.
Once installed, you can access the configuration page with the following URL (Change hostname accordingly):