Snakeoil Firmware - 1.1.8 (Blind Testing Update 8)
[Image: 2019-12-16-16-45-00.jpg]

[Image: 2019-12-16-16-46-54.jpg]

(16-Dec-2019, 09:00 PM)agent_kith Wrote: With UPNP, is the audio device set up? Try to set up MPD 21.6 first. Make sure MPD loads, then change the player to bubble and upmdcli. That should fix it.
This will be fixed in the next update (hopefully).

Yeah, I tried that. Bubble has always been a bit quirky with Snakeoil for me. After a reboot or using LMS I usually have to select upmpdcli first to get it to "appear" in Bubble and then I can select any MPD player and all is well. Unfortunately this is not the case in 1.1.8, for me anyway. That's why I tried to update from 1.1.7 after getting everything working. As I noted before, it does show up in Bubble but it refuses to play anything. Time counter stays at 0 and no album art after selecting a song, as if I never selected anything in the first place. Doesn't matter what version of MPD or if I choose upmpdcli.

No biggie though, I'm happy with 1.1.7 as I have no use for RAM disk at the moment. Just figured I'd let you know.

(16-Dec-2019, 09:00 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: I am on 1.1.7, using UPnP on Intel NUC and controlling with BubbleUPnP on tablet.  Not using upmpdcli.  I am reluctant to upgrade because I do not have the time at the moment to troubleshoot and re-install.

Just out of curiosity Snoopy, do you also have a problem with Bubbleupnp only showing 320kbps when streaming from Tidal HIFI? For some reason I can't get Bubble to stream flac to Snakeoil using MPD although it does work with other distros such as Volumio and Moode which is strange because they use MPD as their default player as well.

I asked on MPD forums and they had no clue why that would be happening. I also asked the Snakeoil salesman himself quite some time ago and I've learned to accept it because it still sounds pretty darn good! But, you know how it is, if it can be better......lol. Strangely enough LMS and squeezelite stream flac perfectly fine. Just something that's been nagging me.

(31-Dec-2019, 06:16 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Just out of curiosity Snoopy, do you also have a problem with Bubbleupnp only showing 320kbps when streaming from Tidal HIFI? For some reason I can't get Bubble to stream flac to Snakeoil using MPD although it does work with other distros such as Volumio and Moode which is strange because they use MPD as their default player as well.

I asked on MPD forums and they had no clue why that would be happening. I also asked the Snakeoil salesman himself quite some time ago and I've learned to accept it because it still sounds pretty darn good! But, you know how it is, if it can be better......lol. Strangely enough LMS and squeezelite stream flac perfectly fine. Just something that's been nagging me.
Mine shows as FLAC, 16 bit, 44.1. interestingly, when I bring up the metadata of the song, it shows 2 streams, stream 1 is FLAC, stream2 is M4A, 320 kbps. Perhaps you have somehow enabled this stream?

(31-Dec-2019, 07:33 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(31-Dec-2019, 06:16 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Just out of curiosity Snoopy, do you also have a problem with Bubbleupnp only showing 320kbps when streaming from Tidal HIFI? For some reason I can't get Bubble to stream flac to Snakeoil using MPD although it does work with other distros such as Volumio and Moode which is strange because they use MPD as their default player as well.

Mine shows as FLAC, 16 bit, 44.1. interestingly, when I bring up the metadata of the song, it shows 2 streams, stream 1 is FLAC, stream2 is M4A, 320 kbps. Perhaps you have somehow enabled this stream?

Hmm, mine only shows 1 stream:
FLAC, 16 bits, stereo, 44100 Hz

But in the "Now Playing" screen it shows:
320 kbps - 44.1 kHz - Stereo - Vol 50

I think it's getting converted somewhere along the line and there's no render settings for UpMpd in Bubble so I'm at a loss. Strange thing is, as I said earlier, everything works as it should with other distros so this boggles my mind a bit Think

(31-Dec-2019, 09:03 AM)mkysimes Wrote: Hmm, mine only shows 1 stream:
FLAC, 16 bits, stereo, 44100 Hz

But in the "Now Playing" screen it shows:
320 kbps - 44.1 kHz - Stereo - Vol 50

I think it's getting converted somewhere along the line and there's no render settings for UpMpd in Bubble so I'm at a loss. Strange thing is, as I said earlier, everything works as it should with other distros so this boggles my mind a bit Think
When I use BubbleUPnP and Tidal, it talks directly to my UPnP renderer and bypasses MinimServer and SnakeOil. So, it is probably something in SnakeOil and/or upmpdcli which is doing this conversion?

(31-Dec-2019, 01:16 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: When I use BubbleUPnP and Tidal, it talks directly to my UPnP renderer and bypasses MinimServer and SnakeOil. So, it is probably something in SnakeOil and/or upmpdcli which is doing this conversion?

Yeah, that's what I figured. Oh well, doesn't bother me that much. Actually, I'm surprised how good MPD sounds with essentially mp3 content. Sure, it's a bit smoother through LMS as a flac stream but MPD, through Snakeoil anyway, sounds very realistic and dynamic to me. One of these days I'll figure it out. Thanks for your help Thumbs Up Happy New Year to all!

Im using 1.1.8 and i have problem with web based file manager, some directories he cannot open for any reason, only message waiting for open.., i dont know what cause this behavior, directories is without special naming or files, only flac or ape, wav. This directories working great over network.

(26-Jan-2020, 01:30 AM)ravenman Wrote: Im using 1.1.8 and i have problem with web based file manager, some directories he cannot open for any reason, only message waiting for open.., i dont know what cause this behavior, directories is without special naming or files, only flac or ape, wav. This directories working great over network.
Hmm. Are these from a NAS, or somewhere local? Can show an example of the folders with problems? Cut and paste the folder names here so I can try and see if I can replicate this here.
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!

(26-Jan-2020, 09:20 AM)agent_kith Wrote:
(26-Jan-2020, 01:30 AM)ravenman Wrote: Im using 1.1.8 and i have problem with web based file manager, some directories he cannot open for any reason, only message waiting for open.., i dont know what cause this behavior, directories is without special naming or files, only flac or ape, wav. This directories working great over network.
Hmm. Are these from a NAS, or somewhere local? Can show an example of the folders with problems? Cut and paste the folder names here so I can try and see if I can replicate this here.

Its local files on ext4 SSD, i tried change folder names and voila, its works, problem causing in my case following chars - [ ] &  , why ? ist not special chars.
[Image: Screenshot-2020-01-26-Snakeoil-OS2.png]

[Image: Screenshot-2020-01-26-Snakeoil-OS.png]

The second problem, I can't force MPD client (MPD Remote on Android or other app) to display album booklets,  I followed WIKI instructions, I entered the local server address, renamed booklets to folder.jpg, cover.jpg, without result.