Snakeoil Firmware - 1.2.13 (Gear Isolation U13)
Introduction
All right, baby steps. Managed to squeeze out a release this weekend. Really wanted to do more, but unfortunately spent half a day troubleshooting power supply issues on a Raspberry Pi (builder for Snakeoil armv7). Things are busy as always at work. So much so things don't feel right, I did a quick audit and realised I'm doing the majority of the work. That is my bad in a way as I am so focused on working and didn't realise things have gotten to such an unbalanced way. I am not sure how to deal with this yet but that will be my problem to solve.

Anyhoo, in case folks havn't noticed I have moved away from PayPal and soon to be Patreon. The latter hopefully before end of this month before Patreon start charging people another round of money. Nothing really bad with Patren, just that it's webhook isn't working the way it's supposed to for some reason (test runs work, but actual patrons don't). I'm sure it's just a user error but hey I can't figure it out. As for PayPal, the webhooks never worked. I am switching to BuyMeACoffee now and hope it'll be better. To be honest things aren't looking so great because I did a test withdrawal and yet to see the money 🤷.

Other things that's been keeping me busy include house keeping on the cloud infrastructure running SnakeoilOS. Updating the software and host (this is more difficult then I let on here), and moving to a new Email system (Citadel to OnlyOffice). Hopefully the new email system will make it easier for me to manage support via emails, but as always please use the forum as support if you can.

Because of all this backend stuffs happening, and frustrations from work, Snakeoil development is rather stagnant. But hey in days like this, when I step into my listening room and listen to a few tracks, gotta say, I do have an excellent sound system! 

Anyhoo, as I said earlier, baby steps. Nothing really new or fantastic here, hopefully in the next update I can do some new MPD updates. Unfortunately the majority of today is spent trying to solve power supply problems.

Change Log Downloads
.fw   snakeoil-armv7l-1.2.13.fw (Size: 51.52 MB / Downloads: 146)
(SHA1: 1d8a2bd06c1dbb8414c3c807326c9e6eff484ddc)
.fw   snakeoil-x86_64-1.2.13.fw (Size: 57.12 MB / Downloads: 618)
(SHA1: be958e3e012d2f4e45e53214300366f95fff8670  snakeoil-x86_64-1.2.13.fw
Snakeoil Operating System - Music, your way!
[-] The following 4 users Like agent_kith's post:
  • Primare11, labo, patricia1066, hkphantomgtr

Upmpdcli not installing on Pi2Design Mercury V2 Streamer with CM4 module
-----------

*** Name: upmpdcli Mode: Installing ***
gpg: directory '/root//.gnupg' created
gpg: keybox '/root//.gnupg/pubring.kbx' created
gpg: /root//.gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key 7808CE96D38B9201: public key "Jean-Francois Dockes <[email protected]>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
Warning: apt-key is deprecated. Manage keyring files in trusted.gpg.d instead (see apt-key(8)).
OK
(Re-)Creating upmpdcli repo
Hit:1 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports jammy InRelease
Hit:2 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports jammy-updates InRelease
Hit:4 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports jammy-backports InRelease
Hit:5 http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports jammy-security InRelease
Ign:3 https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/...s/raspbian jammy InRelease
Err:6 https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/...s/raspbian jammy Release
  404  Not Found [IP: 62.210.16.61 443]
Reading package lists...
E: The repository 'http://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/downloads/raspbian jammy Release' does not have a Release file.
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
E: Unable to locate package upmpdcli
E: Unable to locate package upmpdcli-*
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'upmpdcli-*'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'upmpdcli-*'
Failed to disable unit: Unit file upmpdcli.service does not exist.
Failed to stop upmpdcli.service: Unit upmpdcli.service not loaded.

(16-Jul-2023, 06:53 PM)agent_kith Wrote: Things are busy as always at work. So much so things don't feel right, I did a quick audit and realised I'm doing the majority of the work. That is my bad in a way as I am so focused on working and didn't realise things have gotten to such an unbalanced way. I am not sure how to deal with this yet but that will be my problem to solve.
So... I talked to HR, one thing led to another and the guy has left the company. That looks bad, but I'm pretty convinced he's been looking for a job since at least Mar this year (if not way earlier) and he likely spent his day time (paid hour!) doing phone interviews and sometimes in person interviews (We work in the Perth CBD). Anyway now that he secured another job, he's left. I wonder why his attitude and professionalism is so bad as his antics can't be good for his future as Perth is just a small market. This is honestly one of the worst experience I ever had professionally.

Anyway, that closes this chapter.

(29-Jul-2023, 05:20 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: Upmpdcli not installing on Pi2Design Mercury V2 Streamer with CM4 module
Sorry for the lateness. See above. Looks like upmpdcli only release debian packages for Raspberry Pi. Try changing the source from jammy to bookworm. Do this only for lesbon and not the ubuntu ones.. This might get it to work? Failing that, install upmpdcli from Ubuntu repo and Snakeoil will pick it up once it detects upmpdcli is installed.

How do I enable wifi card on x86-64 pc? At ubuntu server the adapter is working. Installing snakeoil with update than adapter stops working. In networking tab info says card disabled.

USB-c network adapter does not work either. On ubuntu server it is working on Snakeoil not.

(03-Sep-2023, 02:53 AM)Tecko Wrote: How do I enable wifi card on x86-64 pc? At ubuntu server the adapter is working. Installing snakeoil with update than adapter stops working. In networking tab info says card disabled.

USB-c network adapter does not work either. On ubuntu server it is working on Snakeoil not.
You have to configure WLAN from within Ubuntu OS itself. Snakeoil does not support WLAN as there is no UI to configure the SSID and SSID password yet.

Just search the Internet on how to setup WPA Supplicant and once it's up Snakeoil will work as usual.

Note that running Wifi does impact the sound quality of the player (Subjective opinion though)..
[-] The following 1 user Likes agent_kith's post:
  • Tecko