Openssh vulnerability is fixed in Mantic
Posted by: patricia1066 - 17-Jul-2024, 02:56 AM - Forum: Support & Troubleshooting - No Replies

  • OpenSSH versions earlier than 4.4p1 (released 2006) are vulnerable unless they've been patched for CVE-2006-5051 and CVE-2008-4109. Versions 8.5p1 (released March 2021) up to, but not including, 9.8p1 (released 1st July, 2024) are also affected, owing to the accidental removal of a critical component. The vulnerability has been fixed in version 9.8p1.

    The current version of Ubuntu Mantic has openssh-server version 9.8p1.
If you arent on mantic, upgrading the package is sufficient, as this will restart the daemon process,
sudo apt update && sudo apt install openssh-server

Print this item

  install Snakeoil on Audio Alchemy DMP-1 Streamer
Posted by: vinaymoturi - 13-Jul-2024, 02:52 PM - Forum: Discussions - Replies (1)

Hi Friends,
Can anybody here help to install Snakeoil on Audio alchemy DMP-1 which was built using RPI3. 

myself installed and tried but unable to make it recognise the output device ( having coaxial, optical, AES, i2s)  which is similar to pi2aes. 

thanks in advance.

Print this item

  Snakeoil virtualized (PROXMOX), USB+PCI AUDIO passthrough, USB-DAC!
Posted by: lzyla - 18-Jun-2024, 12:16 PM - Forum: Walkthroughs - Replies (3)

Hi colleagues.
I just wanted to share that after playing with snakeoil releases, proxmox and pc bios I have finally managed to install snakeoil and configure my home audio with it.
The most difficult part was proxmox virtualization and passthrough (required intel_iommu=on and separating IOMMU groups, but after this was done I have managed to set everything up to my liking.
I have 2 streams coming from my snakeoil audioserver (mobo usb analog and digital) going to multihome audio streamer.
I have also connected CA CXA61 stereo to virtualized snakeoil through passthroughed USB. In order to achieve sound quality I had to passthrough WHOLE USB CONTROLLER and set usb class 2 on amp - now the audio is perfect quality - no distortion at all. also my cpu used to go to 90% when USB-DAC had issues on passthrough - now it only spikes additional 10% use when DAC is connected (15% CPU) and goes to 5% use when DAC is off.
My platform is one cpu core from i7 7820 and 2 gb ram. 
Running SN 1.3 Measurements on ubuntu 22.04.
Upgrading to ubuntu 23 breaks Squeezelite.
It plays nicely with low cpu and around 500-1gb ram.
It is still work in progress to properly connect it to HA but I just wanted to give heads up to eevrybody trying to do it in virtual environment - definitelly possible!

[Image: snakeoil.jpg]

[Image: proxmox.jpg]

www fotka pl zaloguj

Print this item

  Snakeoil and DNS
Posted by: davem - 23-May-2024, 08:47 AM - Forum: Support & Troubleshooting - No Replies


Does snakeoil do anything funky with DNS resolution ? 

Background. My server had snakeoil and pi-hole running in a docker container. All was good.
Perhaps foolishly, I recently rebuilt my machine from scratch in an effort to resolve the issue of not playing mp3's..
I reinstalled pi-hole as before and it wouldnt work. After much fluffing around I got it to a point where pi-hole would resolve/respond to requests from the local LAN and also at the Ubuntu level of the snakeoil machine. Strangely LMS was failing lookups when trying to play internet radio...pi-hole received the request with a source IP of the local docker interface. I found it strange that the Linux would work but LMS not.
I have now pointed my snakeoil server to my router as a workaround (very few lookups so no big deal)

Print this item

  Installation of SnakeOil OS 1.3.0 on RPi 4 with Raspberry Pi OS
Posted by: miksi - 17-May-2024, 04:08 PM - Forum: Discussions - Replies (4)


Installation went well, but I have a problem with ALSA :
Failed to open ALSA device "hw:2,0": Unknown error 524

[Image: Snake-Oil-1.jpg]

[Image: Snake-Oil-2.jpg]

Print this item

Our Sponsors

You have to register before you can post on our site.



Latest Threads
Can snakeoil os be installed on Ubuntu 2...
Last Post: clark8888
17-Jul-2024 12:42 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 837
Openssh vulnerability is fixed in Mantic
Last Post: patricia1066
17-Jul-2024 02:56 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 19
install Snakeoil on Audio Alchemy DMP-1 ...
Last Post: Snoopy8
13-Jul-2024 09:13 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 34
Installation problem
Last Post: Snoopy8
09-Jul-2024 12:21 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 5896
Something seriously wrong with Squeezeli...
Last Post: Snoopy8
01-Jul-2024 09:22 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 486
[split] Real Time Kernels discussion
Last Post: Snoopy8
01-Jul-2024 06:46 AM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 5800
Portable Snakeoil :-) First test.
Last Post: Snoopy8
30-Jun-2024 06:26 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 3816
Snakeoil virtualized (PROXMOX), USB+PCI ...
Last Post: agent_kith
25-Jun-2024 02:38 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 148
Announcing Snakeoil Measurements 1.3.0
Last Post: Snoopy8
22-Jun-2024 07:22 AM
» Replies: 98
» Views: 7475
CamillaDSP for Room Correction
Last Post: Snoopy8
17-Jun-2024 08:35 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 7113

SnakeoilOS Mission Statement

Our mission is to create a free to use computer OS that is easy to install, intuitive to operate and play music that will connect and engage with you emotionally.

SnakeoilOS gives you the freedom to spend more time on listening, enjoying and exploring music. Wasting time on computers is now a thing of the past! Everything is constantly evolving/improving. Please check back often for updates.

If you like this project, do show your support with a small token donation. All donations collected will be used to run this website, and for purchasing new equipment for the project.

Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024. Theme © Melroy van den Berg.