Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Using Snakeoil on a Minnowboard TurboT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(16-Jun-2018, 07:21 AM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I already found those instructions, however I can't open up the USB stick on any of my computers. They can't read the file format of the USB. How are you browsing into the directory? Your screenshots look like Windows. 

Yeah would be cool to automate the process Smile

This page shows you how to write the ISO out to a USB stick.

Once you've done this you can open the USB stick from another computer (OSX, Linux, Windows). Then refer to the ealrier instructions linked, and replace the existing kernel with the test one I supplied. I can show you how to do this in the future via a TeamViewer session if you're stuck. Need to find a common time, what timezone are you in? (I'm in UTC+8).
Yes I already have that part done. the part I can't do is open up the USB stick on any of my computers. My Windows, OSX and Linux computers are unable to open ups the Snakeoil USB stick in the file browsers. And yes it's burnt correctly as I can boot from this USB stick on most of my computers. I'm in UTC-8 time zone. Maybe I should just buy you a Minnowboard and ship it to you as a gift for getting it working? It's a great little board for Snakeoil. Sounds very good when powered by a clean supply.
This is very interesting. Must be some security thing stopping you from doing this. But if yes it has to be done at the UEFI layer and I don't think any of my computers do this.

I'd try and build a test ISO with the test kernel for you after my work. The downside is we may have to do this several times until I get it right. As weird as This sounds , this will be quicker than shipping the board over.
Okay thanks!
(17-Jun-2018, 03:53 PM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]Okay thanks!

OK, give this ISO a go, let me know how it goes: Link.
(17-Jun-2018, 05:54 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-Jun-2018, 03:53 PM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]Okay thanks!

OK, give this ISO a go, let me know how it goes: Link

Thanks I'll give it a shot and let you know. Thanks for the quick response. I was busy for a couple days, but have a chance now.
No luck with that one Sad
(21-Jun-2018, 12:13 PM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]No luck with that one Sad
Can you take a picture of the screen?
(21-Jun-2018, 12:53 PM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-Jun-2018, 12:13 PM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]No luck with that one Sad
Can you take a picture of the screen? 

It only flashes the message for a split second then goes to the shell or Bios. Too fast to take a picture. It's a very short message. Same message you get if you put any non-bootable drive in.
(21-Jun-2018, 01:01 PM)Mivera Wrote: [ -> ]It only flashes the message for a split second then goes to the shell or Bios. Too fast to take a picture. It's a very short message. Same message you get if you put any non-bootable drive in. 
UEFI shell? Or Linux shell?

If UEFI, can you go into the BIOS and enable legacy boot?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5