Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Cannot install SnakeOil on Intel NUC 8i5BEH, no network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
SIGH...   It now works with 1.1 iso.   Not sure what happened previously.
snakeoil-x86_64-1.1.0.iso  with the vmlinux from this kernel install-4.19.37-rt19-amd64-snakeoil-20190512.zip
(13-May-2019, 05:45 PM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]SIGH...   It now works with 1.1 iso.   Not sure what happened previously.
snakeoil-x86_64-1.1.0.iso  with the vmlinux from this kernel install-4.19.37-rt19-amd64-snakeoil-20190512.zip
That's great news.. Smile Probably a quirk in your DHCP server, that or a bug in the NIC. If there is a firmware update available for this NIC, maybe a good idea to flash it. That or disable this NIC completely and use another Intel NIC.
In summary, in case someone wants to install SnakeOil on a NUC, this worked for me on Win 10:
  • Download SnakeOil Iso
  • Download 4.19.37 kernel 
  • Format USB 3.0 (does not work with USB 2.0) stick as Fat32.
  • Use Unetbootin to create bootable usb
  • Replace kernel on bootable usb
  • Boot with usb stick (F10 when Intel logo appears) and install
decided to start new post.
(03-Oct-2020, 01:17 AM)emptor Wrote: [ -> ]decided to start new post.

Can you please update this post on what works to create a bootable USB stick.  Since I posted the "solution", things have changed and Unetbootin does not work but Balena Etcher does.  Have had no success with Rufus.
(03-Oct-2020, 09:22 AM)Snoopy8 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-Oct-2020, 01:17 AM)emptor Wrote: [ -> ] 

Can you please update this post on what works to create a bootable USB stick.  Since I posted the "solution", things have changed and Unetbootin does not work but Balena Etcher does.  Have had no success with Rufus.

No worries.

Use Unetbootin to create the iso. Replace the kernel with the link below. Problem is when it fails at the boot manager install. At this step, I booted via a normal Ubuntu usb key as a trial. I then followed these steps to fix the boot issue: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

I am assuming the boot manager install is the last step of the snakeoil install? I'm now having issues with no ethernet or wifi connection. Sad

NVME - Add support for NVME SSDs. Works with Intel I210 NIC (Last update: 2018-04-25)
[Image: zip.png]   install-4.4.9-rt17-amd64-nvme.zip (Size: 3.66 MB / Downloads: 32)
Pages: 1 2 3