Snakeoil Forums

Full Version: Beta Versions --cannot access
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was suggested by Bromf to install the test versions on Ubuntu 20.  """You may want to start with a fresh build and version 1.2.2.2 (Gear Isolation U2 Beta 1)
https://www.snakeoil-os.net/forums/Forum-Test-Builds"""

1.Anyway to get this?

2.Also, how to update to Ubuntu 20 using snakeoil.  When I hit the "Update Ubuntu" I am still stuck on v16.04. Is there a drag drop method or do I need to go through USB installer etc.

3.I know how to update using USB installer etc. But I'll lose the snakeoil OS web startup?? How do you get back to sankeoil os on a freshly installed Ubuntu? There is no Ubunut 20 installer like for the v16..
Any help anybody, please?
(31-Jan-2022, 12:53 AM)pathetic Wrote: [ -> ]Any help anybody, please?
Hi sorry for the late reply. You'll need to donate to the project (Paypal or Patreon) in order to get access to the beta builds. See here and here.
(31-Jan-2022, 07:18 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-Jan-2022, 12:53 AM)pathetic Wrote: [ -> ]Any help anybody, please?
Hi sorry for the late reply. You'll need to donate to the project (Paypal or Patreon) in order to get access to the beta builds. See here and here.

Already did (PayPal ID 3J601606BA8223538.) and got my activation code a while ago, when I first signed up. If there is a specific amount let me know. I also got a welcome email from you.

Secondly, how do I update to Ubuntu 20 without losing snakeoil os? I don't get that part.
I thought I saw you had activation some time ago....hence my original reply...perhaps there is some site glitch ...TK ??

You don't update to 20.04...see my original advice...
You download and install Ubuntu Server 20.04 then update and add the packages I noted and ONCE you have access to the Beta forum the new install method for Snakeoil is listed there.

Hopefully TK will sort your access and you can then move into the latest version... Smile

Best,
Bob
(31-Jan-2022, 02:10 PM)Bromf Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I saw you had activation some time ago....hence my original reply...perhaps there is some site glitch ...TK ??

You don't update to 20.04...see my original advice...
You download and install Ubuntu Server 20.04 then update and add the packages I noted and ONCE you have access to the Beta forum the new install method for Snakeoil is listed there.

Hopefully TK will sort your access and you can then move into the latest version... Smile

Best,
Bob

Np. And thanks !
(31-Jan-2022, 02:37 PM)pathetic Wrote: [ -> ]Np. And thanks !
Have you already donated to the project? Do you have a date? I can't seem to find your email in the records.
(01-Feb-2022, 06:44 AM)agent_kith Wrote: [ -> ]
Have you already donated to the project? Do you have a date? I can't seem to find your email in the records.

PM Sent!

Any news??

Any news??